Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed here before our Carnival cruise. I had booked another hotel in Long Beach but the Comfort Inn was recommended by someone on a cruise review, so I changed hotels and was glad I did. I loved this hotel.

Front desk was pleasant. The one major negative is they do not have an elevator but there was a man to help us get our bags upstairs. We were told someone in the morning would be able to help but there was not.

We were in a king suite, nice sized room. The room was clean. When we turned the air conditioner on, it smelled like urine to me. We don't know if it was or if it was a fragrant flower outside. We called the front desk about it and the sent up someone to take care of it. All they did was spray a room deodorizer. We lived with the smell.

The beds were comfortable. The room had a fridge, microwave and safe.

The pool area was clean and relaxing.

I found the hotel very cute and cozy. There are gates on the property, the hotel, not the parking lot, which were locked at night. I'm not sure about the neighborhood at night. I felt very safe within the hotel at night.

There is an Albertson's across the street, a CVS Pharmacy, Starbucks. And to the east of the hotel, next door there is a Churches Fried Chicken, McDonald's and Taco Bell. Across the other street I believe is a Rite Aid. We visited the CVS Pharmacy and the fast food places during daylight hours.

Breakfast in the morning was standard, they have waffles you can make.

At checkout, the front desk called a taxi for us to the cruise terminal. I cannot remember the cost of the taxi to the terminal. But, of course, we had to pay for the taxi.

I would definitely stay here again, it was a good choice for us.
Please excuse the mess in the room pics, didn't think to take them before we settled in.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CNW901
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

After research and the good reviews, We reserved a king suit 6 months in advance. And called to confirm 2 weeks before, For the park and cruise package. We recieved a room with double beds.A double was not enough room for us and the grand children. The girl at the desk said they were over booked and that is what we got.
I ask for a roll away. I saw the one they pulled out and said they would make it up and bring to your room. After a lot of phone calls, we quit waiting for it after 10pm and made beds on the floor. Never got the roll away.
Desk clerk said hotel paid for taxie to cruise port and back. They did not. we had to pay for the taxie bothways. I do not mind paying and expected to before our trip. But after being told they paid for it, it was surprising to have the taxie driver asking for it.
I ask to see the manager and was given the run around ,that she would be in later, every time I called or went to the front desk.
Room was clean and nice, but not enough beds. Breakfast was basic hotel.

Room Tip: You may not get what you reserved
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
comfortablelb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Sorry for all the confusion and misunderstanding. We tried numerous times to call the room and knocking on the door to inform you that your cab voucher is waiting for you at the front desk. We usually inform you when you check-in and when check-out that we can call the cab when you are ready to leave. Unfortunately we did not hear from you. I left messages on your voice mail to send me the receipt for the cab so that I can reimburse you.

Please call back when you have the time. I am extremely sorry for your unpleasant stay.

Myrtle Robertson, GM

Reviewed 22 May 2011

The front desk staff were superb. When we walked into our room we were shocked. We had a huge room with a spa right in living area. The room was very nicely furnished, clean and the bed was comfortable. The room also included a mini refrigerator and microwave. We received a great room at a great price.
The location was perfect. Right off the Long Beach 710 freeway. Across the street were restaurants and stores. We were going on a cruise and this hotel offered a “stay and park” cruise package. The hotel provided a taxi service too and from the Port of San Pedro. We left our vehicle on the property for 7 days. We noticed the surveillance cameras all over the property and notice that the front desk staff could monitor all the angles of the property right at the front desk. We felt very safe. I would recommend this hotel to friends or family. We have book this hotel in November 11 for our next cruise.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentAZCruiser
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We live in Arizona and travel at least four times a year to visit our family in Long Beach, CA. Our hotel of choice is always this hotel. It is easy to find when exiting the 710 Fwy. Even if we visit Knott's or Disneyland, we like staying here and driving 20 minutes to the amusement parks. The hotel is always clean and the staff is friendly to my family which includes two children under eight years old. My family and I especially like the fact that the Pike with all of the restaurants is less than 15 minutes away. Of course the kids especially like how the pool is easily accessible right in the middle of the hotel.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly for occasional specials.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tamarindo123
Reviewed 11 May 2011

If you are attending a conference in the nearby convention center, or just sightseeing, this hotel is convenient and has easy freeway access. The rooms are spacious, with refrigerator and microwave, and comfortable beds. Best of all, the customer service was extremely friendly and helpful. Free internet access - even if you don't bring your laptop, you can use their computer! Complimentary breakfast includes fresh fruit and delicious "make your own" waffles. Yum!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple