Open today: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from US$ 122.06
from US$ 110.00
from US$ 77.00
More Info
All reviews great beach la county huntington beach metered parking run free avoid weekends ships coming lots of fun leash waves socialize breed ocean tuckered breakwater pet california
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020

Long Beach's only dog beach. Rosie's has plenty of beach front metered parking with long parallel parking spaces for RVs or trailers. There is a lot of sand that separates the parking lot from the ocean, there are no fences though, I feel there's enough separation from the lot to the ocean though, not really anything to worry about. You gotta keep your dog on a leash until you hit these metal pillars then they are free to run. Long Beach is protected by a man made wall of rocks called the breakwater, built to stop the waves and calm the water for the ships coming into port, so the water at Rosie's is never too rough and has smaller waves. My dog loves to swim here and we come all the time. Keep in mind, this is a dog beach, dogs will run on your towel if you are laying out, so if you are gonna get mad about a wet dog and some sand, maybe don't plan a beach day for yourself, this if all about the doggsssss :)

*** They do not have dog water fountains, so make sure you bring your own water!

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank LB1_FJ
Reviewed 22 March 2020

Where a pet deserve's it's own independence from the leash. Come to Rosie's Dog Beach just for that! A nice way for your dog to socialize with others as well. Also a fabulous way to see other kind of breeds.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 28 February 2020

You can let your dog run and play in the water and socialize with other dogs. My miniature schnauzer, Darla loved it...even though she doesn't like to get wet!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

The beach itself wasn't anything special, but it was relatively clean. We really enjoyed watching all the dogs having so much fun! They were all so cute and funny!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2020

My boyfriend and I decided to do a 9 day road trip with our large breed dogs from BC, Canada. When we rolled into California we started researching a place where we could let the dogs really have fun after just being allowed road side pee's for the last 24 hours. My dogs went bonkers with excitement. The waves arent too rough. I didnt find there to be undertow. The sand was soft and the dog section was pretty bid. There were tons of dogs there to socialize with. I saw one altercation but most nice dogs.
There is fresh water up at the bathrooms near the parking lot.
The parking lot was a paid lot but I remembering thinking the price was very reasonable.
It was so great that when we looped by thru Long Beach again on our way back North we stopped in with some chairs and picnic so our dogs could really get tuckered out.

Date of experience: December 2019