“Mold Mold Mold......”

and 1 more site!
Dockside Boat and Bed
Ranked #2 of 11 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The boat we stayed on was called the Ranita, We were very dissapointed,it smelled like mildew, and it was not very clean..Airfreshners were placed in the master bedroom along with a candle in the living areas..Sorry but they only masked the problem and made the smell worse...The boat needed a good deep cleaning. For the cost of the stay, we were very dissapointed..The only plus and I mean "only" is the location. We booked our stay on the Living Social app., We stayed 2 nights and I do not see where we were given anymore of a deal than booking our stay through Dockside Boat and Bed website. I wish I would have done my homework before booking our stay. Money would have been better spent at the Westin Hotel nearby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Racquelle S
boatandbed, Owner at Dockside Boat and Bed, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

We are very sorry to hear that this guest did not enjoy her stay. We pride ourselves in providing a positive and unique experience to all of our guests. While we are confounded by the claim that there is mold everywhere in the boat, we really wish during her 2 night stay that she had alerted our staff of her concerns. We could have taken great measures to rectify the situation (additional cleaning or transfer to another boat). TIP TO ALL TRAVELERS: Please, please, please alert the staff of the property if you are experiencing any diffuculties during your stay, simply leaving comments a month after the fact leaves us helpless in creating a great experience for you ! In regards to her savings, she did save over $120 off her 1st night utilizing her LivingSocial voucher, far better than any rate found on our website.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I bought this deal way back in Septenber, and made my reservation for my 7th Wedding Anniversary, January 12, 2012. All things DO come to those who wait. I was so excited I was ALMOST afraid I would be let down. Fortunately, it was everything I had hoped for and more. I stayed on the Crown Jewel, a 50's retro-style all wooden yacht. Sleek & luxurious, took me back to the Opulent 50's when people valued quality and their time and made the most of it. It is located on the very end of the dock on the side facing the Queen Mary (and when I was there a docked cruise ship) and the shops and dining at Shoreline Village. The lighthouse (that glows friom blue to purple all evening) and park are directly across the the harbor. I had a tough time tearing myself away from the spacious aft lounging area-the sun was was warm, the breeze nice and it was relatively quiet-except for the Carribean music from the entertainment @ Gladstone's which is the closest restaurant to the yachts (I'll touch on that later on my Gladstone's review). Back to the yacht. It needed some minor fixes, but nothing that got in the way of the enjoyment. The master "head" didn't give me much room to change my mind, but who spends vacation in the bathroom/shower anyway. The important rooms, the Master Bedroom (with comfy king bed) the Galley, and the living room had plenty of room and there are plenty of windows to let in the fresh cool air. Plus I had the whole outdoors up short stairs. Spent my days on deck and evening curled up in front of my firesplace watching miovies, sipping my favorite wine & munching on cheese & crackers, and Pistachio's. I am talking serious heaven here.
I stayed in the off season on a Sunday,which I would highly recommend, because craft traffic is at a minimum. keeping the peace and quiet. The tourboats and larger crafts do create a bit more of a wake than the smaller boats; but the yachts are very securely tied down and bobbing is at a mimimum. For most of the time, I had to concentrate on a staionary object on land to be able to tell there is a very subtle motion depending on the harbor most all the time, Actually, it's more noticable outside than in, because you can hear the little squeaks from the tie-downs.
I had a wonderful time, Slept like a log, and hated to leave. I look forward to coming back another day, but I will again opt for the Crown Jewel. It is my idea of a yacht-and there are no areas cordoned off from the open air. REPEAT< serious heaven here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank ijustknow29
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had a great time on the Perfect Landing ~ everything was clean and neat. Beautiful weather. We parked in the PF Chang's parking lot for $24 over night as it was closer to the dock. Upon arriving to our car the next morning, it had been broken into and personal items taken - nothing of great value as we know better. The thugs apparently tried to steal our SUV and pulled the wires out from under the drivers dash area. The lock was messed up and it will cost $495 to fix. When I approached the "valet" area who took my money and gave me the parking pass the day before, I was told "not our problem" when I asked if this happens frequently, was told "ya, sometimes". I mentioned that I should have been told this and there were no signs to notify me "park at your own risk" as I would not have parked there. I was treated awful by the parking people - which are NOT associated with Dockside Boat and Bed. Our beef is with the parking dummies and how they treat people. I demanded our $24 back and got it. Beware of the parking situation and don't leave ANYTHING in your car - take the registration also so the crooks don't have your name and address. It put a damper on the weekend having our car damaged and the creepy feeling of someone going through your car. There is video but the parking dummie said it's used for "court purposes only" - what??? If I had know that, there is NO way I would have parked there. I called the managment at Dockside Boat/Bed and they were surprised to hear as they have never had a problem and said they would speak to the parking people about how we were treated. Any way, boat was nice and relaxing. Bring snacks and drinks with you. Oh ya - the mattress in the masterbed room is so hard - like a piece of rock with a sheet on it, so if your use to a softer bed - this is not the one for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank JoeW32764
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We went for my husbands birthday, one night during the week. We stayed on the Obla de Obla da. I would suggest going on a weekday if you can, as it was very peaceful and quiet. The water was calm so the boat didn't rock very much. The boat was very nice, and we enjoyed sitting on the front deck of it, sunbathing and reading our books. We lucked out with perfect weather! There are 2 bathrooms, but they are small. Taking a shower is not a problem, but it would be tough to get ready, put make-up on, etc. The bed is tiny as well, and not comfortable. I had a kink in my neck for a week after. I would suggest bringing your own pillow. It would be very difficult to cook on the boat, so bring some already prepared snacks if you want to eat on your boat and enjoy the views. There are tons of great restaurants in the area, and things to do. You will not need your car once you arrive. The breakfast was delivered the night before since we were there on a weekday. It was good (yogurt, muffins, bagels, orange juice). I think this is the only boat with air conditioning and satellite tv. We were so glad to have both.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Definitely not your typical hotel. We stayed on a large boat with another couple from our family. We each had our own sleeping "quarters" and our own very small bathroom. The amenities were a bit sparse, but it was fun to have our own boat for the day. We ate a few meals on the back of the boat in our dining room overlooking the water. Lots of steps and ladders to get around in the boat, so would not be for everyone. It's right in the middle of the touristy part of Long Beach, near several restaurants and shops. It was a bit noisy on a weekend night with the windows open and the noise from a nearby nightclub.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family