“Great Bar”

Michael's on Naples
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Naples is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,270 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ravenna and Campo
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I have been to this bar three times & never been disappointed. The bar tenders remember people. They are cheerful & welcoming. They really know how to pour a drink. I had the usual vodka & tonic with lime. They used Fever Tree tonic which for me is top notch. The flavors are pure without sweetness and cloying after taste. The bar foods are a good choice & a good value. I can't say the same for the restaurant food. The servers & atmosphere are good but not worth the money. I would return to this bar as it hits all the top elements that make happy hour even happier.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Michael's is a shave above all the restaurants in the area. 6 girls for a Birthday celebration descended on this Restaurant and we were all happy. Several of us met early in the Bar downstairs and had a wonderful time with Pete. Pete is knowledgeable and efficient. He has a great personality and is fun to talk too. He steered us right on our drinks and appie menu. I had the house Vodka on ice with a splash of Limoncello. They make their own and it is fabulous. We also tried the Meatball appie and it was very good. I am a tough critic of meatballs because I use the family recipe that is over 100 years old. So try these ones. We all went to the Roof Top for dining and Paul served us very well...thank you. We brought 2 bottles of wine because the Chardonnay our Birthday girl wasn't on the Menu. The corkage was $25 a bottle and we brought 2...so $50. 2 of us had the Lasagna which is made from fresh, Spinach Noodles...amazing! The Scallops were great as well and so was the Tortellini. Michael's is the real deal for Northern Italian Food. Expect to spend $100.00 per person with drinks. Welcome to one Classy Place!

1  Thank PeggyChism
Reviewed 15 July 2018

This is the second place my daughter and her boyfriend brought us to for dinner in Long Beach. It's primarily an Italian restaurant.

The wine list is fairly good - I found one that we all liked and appreciated from Hall.

The menu isn't extensive - there is something for everyone. I tried their tortolleoni (not a typo) which was served with a white sauce and tasted very good.

The service and bread were very good as well. They start you off with oil and balsamic vinegar for each person on a special plate.

It is dark inside - not so dark that you can't read the menu. The restaurant had a nice vibe / ambiance. I'd recommend reservations to allow you to get a seat.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Four of us ate outdoors on the roof, covered by a large canvas. Started with four standard drinks, tho they have an interesting specialty cocktail list. The table shared a plate of heairloom tomatoes with lovely burrito and arugula. Person 1 had a whole grilled branzino - Mediterranean Sea bass - with a roasted or grilled herb salad and it looked delicious. He said it was. Person 2 had orecchiette with rapini and homemade sausage....delicious as well. Persons 3 and 4 had mafaldine, long flat pasta noodle with wavy edges, in a lovely slightly spicy tomato sauce and small chunks of lobster. That dish was a hit!
The rooftop seating has an industrial look and feel and, maybe because of the materials, is rather loud. There was some nice live music which didn’t disturb our talking nearly as much as loud people.
Service was spot on, our waiter Paul was knowledge and on point at all times. We enjoyed this meal very much. Parking is difficult, but $6 valet parking is handy and worthwhile instead of hunting.
Service...5
Food.....5
Value.....4. It’s a bit pricey, be prepared

1  Thank namsmom
Reviewed 13 July 2018

It’s always difficult to know the right place to celebrate one’s wedding anniversary, but the refurbished roof patio at Michael’s on Naples proved to be exactly right. My wife and I had a delicious meal and our waitress, Melody, was prompt, friendly, efficient and yet pleasantly unassuming. We shared Polipo all Griglia for a starter and had Mediterranean sea bass and Lasagne Verde for our mains, the fish was cooked perfectly and the tomato ‘guanciale’ sauce on the lasagne was food for the gods! Altogether a great place to eat and celebrate.

1  Thank Taran H