All reviews waffles simple breakfast waffle maker three nights beds were comfortable air conditioner lompoc wine ghetto night stay clean hotel wine tasting motel shutters receptionist cereal microwave redone channels
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Our room was well maintained. It looked like it was recently painted and re-tiled (though they were very sloppy with the caulking ). The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was simple, but they did have waffles. The free wi-fi was good. The staff was friendly. The reason we cannot give this motel a higher rating is the room was TOO small for two beds. There was no place for our luggage (we literally slept with our suitcases on each bed -- fortunately there were just two of us). The one bed was up against the air-conditioner (there was no room to pull it away) so we could not cool off the room. It was low 70s each day and high 50s at night, so you would think the room would be cool...but it was very warm (also there was heat coming up through the bathroom floor). We actually went out and bought a fan for the window. With a larger room or a room with just one bed I would rate this motel higher.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2017

The hotel is a 1-night stay situation for that particular city. Despite that observation, I was there for three nights. The beds are a bit dated and worn out, but better than not having one. The walls are thin, you will hear your neighbors, and the doors are not very secure . I accidentally left my card key inside the room while packing out. Finally I was able to open/unlock my room door with a credit card pushed into the door jam after the on duty morning staff did not respond to my request for assistance for over 30 minutes.

If you need a quick and cheap last minute one night stay, this place will do. If you want a secure room where you cannot hear your neighbors, I would suggest one of the other hotels in town such as Motel 6.

I strongly recommend to the staff that being a little quicker to respond will go a long way with the customers.

Room tip: A better choice would be the Red Roof Inn or Motel 6 in town for the same price point.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gus L
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I arrived past midnight and felt grateful that the receptionist office was kind enough to process my checking in quickly.

The room was small. I reserved for 3 people and they gave me a queen bed that is just right for 2 but way too small for 3. I don't know whats wrong but at past midnight, I wasn't going to wake up the lady just to ask what was going on. I guess it may be Priceline through which I made the reservation.

Anyway, while the room was small it was not bad. The outside paint was also bright and clean.

The not so good one was the bathroom with water only trickling. The breakfast was also very minimal. While they offered bread, cereal and waffle, there were empty containers that must have been filled in with something but now taken out. There was one strawberry jam in a container and butter that was also put in one plastic container, for us to spoon for our bread.

Some people don't really care about breakfast I happen to be one who does, not for the consumption but for the care they put into the food. It shows how much they are about guests.

And I think this one does not quite live up to their slogan as "A Great Hospitality Inn"

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Upon checking in I informed both the mgr. (Susie Perez) and the man checking me in I'd be up very early to drive home- where to leave the keys? So, they both knew I would have a short night of sleep.

I went to bed at 8:00 pm. Not much later, a noisy group came rolling in: barking dog in the room, loud conversation in and out of their room, idling diesel truck just below the room. It took 30 min. for them to settle down. I finally got to sleep by 9:15 pm. But then the next thing happened:

MY ROOM PHONE WAKES ME UP AT 9:50 PM. Without identifying herself, the caller begins interrogating me by asking if my tv is on? Is the neighboring room's tv on? After trying to figure out who she is and why she's calling (being half asleep), she finally identifies herself as the front desk and she's investigating a complaint about a loud tv (I"m pretty sure the caller was the mgr., Susie Perez). So, her "investigation" consisted of randomly calling rooms at almost 10 pm hoping she figures out who is the problem! Really? My room is literally right above the office, so if she wanted to know if my, or a close room, was the problem all she'd have to do is walk out, go up the stairs, and check it out. Too much work apparently. Better to wake guests up late at night.

Needless to say, my night's sleep was ruined. Laid there until 1:30 am, unable to sleep, and packed up and left for a 9-hour drive home with no sleep! Wonderful!

I contacted Susie Perez the next day via e-mail and described the entire situatiion, highlighting the absurd lack of professionalism on the part of her/her staff. No response whatsoever. Obviously, Susie Perez doesn't care.

Incidentally, the hotel is horrible. Mattress was shaped like a canoe, dirty carpet, paper-thin walls, horrible guests, constant road noise, rooms in need of desperate repair.

DO NOT STAY AT LOTUS OF LOMPOC!!!! Spend a few dollars more and stay at a reputable hotel that cares about their customers. Lotus of Lompoc is horrible. It was THE only bad hotel on my entire vacation. Congratulations, Susie! Thanks for ignoring my correspondence with you as well. Real professional.

Room tip: The best room is no room at Lotus of Lompoc
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel that is not expensive, convenient and simple this is the place for you. Located across the street from the "Lompoc Wine Ghetto". So all you have to do is walk across and do some wine tasting without worry of driving. The front desk service is great, the guy who checked us in was friendly and helpful. The property is clean and nice, the rooms are upgraded with shutters, pergo floors, refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. The TV has more channels than you can see, and finally you get free breakfast. It's a simple breakfast, but it does the job to keep you over during wine tasting. Enjoy a simple night stay.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple