“Very Good Food”

Ranked #33 of 197 Restaurants in Lodi
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 7 June 2017

WE ended up dining here because it was the closest Japanese to the hotel we stayed in. From the outside it looks like the typical strip mall sushi joint and inside the decor does nothing to change that. However don't be misled the food is a far cry from typical strip mall junk. Everything we ordered was well prepared using fresh ingredients. I had shashimi. The plate had Hamachi, Ahi and Salmon. All 3 were excellent quality. the Ahi was fresh and wasn't that weird dyed stuff you see so often. My wife ordered an Alaska Roll which had a filling of Salmon, Avocado and Crab. the Salmon was actual sliced pieces, not chopped left overs and the crab was real. We also share an order of Gyoza which were quite good and something they called a Mushroom Bomb. these were mushrooms that we filled with spicy tuna breaded with a tempura batter and fried. They were outstanding! A friendly informal staff added to the food with very good service.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hazumi Sushi Bar

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We were surprised to find a gem like this place in Lodi. The place is clean, spacious and comfortable. The service was excellent, the drinks were cold and the sushi was fresh. We really enjoyed the caterpillar, crazy crazy and hokkage rolls. They were all amazing. We also ordered hotate nigiri and salmon sashimi and both were perfection! Would definitely eat here again and recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Many dishes to choose from and very good sushi. Nice atmosphere too. The dishes are huge, you will no go away hungry

Reviewed 1 January 2014

One of my favorite restaurants in Lodi, have been coming here for years. It is a family run restaurant and the sushi and bento boxes are my favorite. I highly recommend Haruka:)

1  Thank HarleyCal
Reviewed 8 July 2013

On July 6th we went to the new Haruka Japanese restaurant in Granite Bay, CA. The restaurant is decorated nicely in the expected Japanese modern style. There were very few other diners when we arrived at 6 o'clock. The first weirdness occurred when the drink orders arrived. I was served an over sized bottle of Kirin beer without a glass, and the bottle was just to big to drink from. Finally I asked one of the servers for a glass and he brought me one right away. The menu is typical Japanese - nothing different or special and the food was just ok, except for the portion size of the meat. We both ordered the bento boxes and the chicken and steak portions were ridiculously small - not even enough for a small child. The steak tasted very strange and I thought it may be the flavor of the teryaki sauce - wrong. The meat itself tasted awful. I don't think I'll be going back.

3  Thank mlk18

Been to Hazumi Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK