“Unexpected quality: a big surprise for a little hotel”

Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Los Angeles, California
“Unexpected quality: a big surprise for a little hotel”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for New Year's eve...it was the hotel connected with the show at the Livermore Performing Arts Center. I have stayed in a lot of small name-brand hotels without much to say about anything, but this is different. The Hawthorn Livermore has a quaint lobby and breakfast dining area, the rooms are lovely, with lots of space to hold the amenities--my room had two big beds nicely appointed and very comfortable, with adequate lighting everywhere. I really liked that I could control the individual room temperature and the change was virtually immediate. There was a fridge and coffee maker (microwave? didn't notice because I didn't need one), lots of hanging closet space, a desk, television, etc. The bathroom counter is large, with the few necessity items, like shampoo, provided. The minor "flaws" in the room that needed attention were dealt with right away--management is on top of everything and the staff is pleasant, kind, and helpful. The breakfast, included with the room rate, was very good and lots of variety. Unlike a few hotels around the country that I have paid a lot more for an overnight stay, I really liked this hotel and if I am in Livermore again and require an overnight stay, I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MeMeDaVinci
HawthornLivermore, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you so much for your review! And for taking the time to describe some of our hotel's features and amenities. We pride ourselves of providing excellent service to all of our guests, and it sounds like you really enjoyed your time with us. Happy New Year!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
LA
Reviewed 2 January 2012

the room was completely clean and cozy and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
HawthornLivermore, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Happy New Year!
San Ramon, California, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have been a repeat customer of The Hawthorn Suites in Livermore, Ca for the last 3 years. I stay at this hotel, for up to a week, for my corporate travel. The hotel is always clean, the staff is friendly, and they do go out of there way, to make you feel comfortable. The BEST bed, I have ever slept in !!! There id s gentleman, by the name of Edcel, whom I have dealt with for the last couple of years. When I reserve my room, and arrive when he is working, he always gives me a warm greeting, and always makes sure, that my needs are taken care of. He has never miss a beat. !!! Great Job Edcel !!!

Room Tip: Nice Beds, Great work station with Wi-Fi, Office Max is right across the street. Monday-Friday Fre...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthew B
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying our new beds, as we just installed them in December. Edcel is indeed a valued employee, who truly enjoys providing excellent service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I just spent the weekend at this hotel and let me tell you, the two girls who work the weekend shifts are unbelievabley sweet! Everything I asked for they helped me without hesitation! it was a very clean hotel and the breakfast bar was lovely! not to mention the ridiculously comfortable beds! I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2011
HawthornLivermore, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you so much for sharing this review!!!! We are very proud of our front desk team, and it sounds like you really enjoyed your interactions with them. Our guests are truly a part of our family. We hope to see you again very soon!

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the beds - we just got new mattresses last week!
Hanford, California, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I had a very nice stay at the Hawthorn Suites last week. The accomodations were clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good. You could make your own waffle, too. It has convenient freeway access.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
HawthornLivermore, Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you so much for telling us about your recent stay with us. We love sharing this special time of year with our guests, and are so glad that your enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon!