“Terrible Place to Stay on Business” 1 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Livermore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Terrible Place to Stay on Business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is a typical Doubletree. I read an earlier review about the Gold member's experience and I didn't have the same experience. I had the normal full breakfast, make sure you get the 'blue' (full breakfast) ticket vs. the 'yellow' (contential breakfast) ticket. I had the standard two bottles of water in the room. The bathroom was an odd layout and small. I'm also used to 2 queen beds and was surprised to find 2 double beds. I was travelling alone so it wasn't a problem. The reason for the low score is that this hotel is just 1-2 miles from the National Labortories and they didn't have wireless and the internet cable didn't work. I was trying to finish up a presentation for the next day and had to drive to Starbucks. Very frustrating. If you don't rely on Wi-Fi or internet capability then it was a fine place to stay for the night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank HaFinkne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St.Gallen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Rooms and location are great! Clean and well looked after.
The staff is slow and just as friendly and helpful as they would have to be.
If you need a good nights rest, just want to check in and out, then this place is good. if you expect a little more service, friendliness and anticipation - this is not such a great place! Staff seems to be busy with other work and not paying full attention to guests needs and special requests. Maybe they are just understaffed...?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony W
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We got this hotel via priceline for a wedding we were attending nearby. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a nice mid level hotel on the inside. Our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. I requested late check out because my man was trying to recover from food poisoning and they were very accommodating and even offered to help with recommendations on nearby clinics and remedies.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We checked into the hotel as part of a wedding group. Our reservation was made by credit card and when we told the receptionist that we wished to settle our account in cash, we were told that the hotel did not accept cash! I pointed out that we had stayed in Hotels all over the world, including the US, & everyone accepted cash. The receptionist abruptly poined out that none of their hotels in the chain accepted cash, which I knew was untrue.

After asking asking to speak to the Manager, a very polite, Afro American lady came to the front desk and said "Of course we accept cash Sir" and continued to check us in, whilst the flustered and bemused receptionist hid in the back office.

My second experience of poor service was when I was waiting to be served, I observed a male Customer Service Manager makig faces to the telephone whilst receiving a complaint on the phone. At the end of the call, he turned to me & said "Uhh! Some people!!!" If you are going to belittle your customers then do it in private and not in front of other customers but what do I know, he was the Customer Service Manager!

Anyway, the hotel itself was great, nice pool, great bar, nice restaurant, nice sized clean rooms, parking outside your room, free tea / coffee in reception, free WIFI.

On leaving, we checked our bill and found that we had been charged more per room than the rest of our group and brought this to the atention of the person who had booked all the rooms. He phoned the hotel and was told that because he had booked these as additions, they would be charged at the full rate rather than the group rate. Yes you guessed it, ,it was the same Customer Service Manager, who refused to honour the group rate! He persistantly argued the point & in the end agreed to consult an unavailable manager who would issue a refund cheque. THis was obviously no good to us as we have no way of cashing a US cheque in Dollars in the UK! It was his way of getting rid of us. Needless to say, we heard no more from him or the hotel!

All in all a great place, shame about the key staff and the Customer Service Manager.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
woodbridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

I used to travel a lot for work - I don't really anymore, but I always stay at the hilton brands if I can and have to come to expect a certain level of service and comfort. I am also a hilton gold vip member, so expect the normal perks of being a gold vip member.

As a gold vip member, there is no reason to stay at this hotel - there is no free breakfast (just a free continental breakfast that is extremely light, a traditional hampton inn has a far better continental breakfast) - no executive lounge or upgraded rooms for vip members - they did not even give me a room with a view of the pool - instead a lovely view of the parking lot. They could at least give a free bottle of water - something for being a gold vip member.

Service wise, they repeatedly forgot to hand out the wedding gift bags to people when they checked in for the wedding I attended.

Livermore is a great town - I would stay at the hilton garden inn down the road, seems much nicer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Livermore hotels