DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Springtown Inn(Livermore)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookiesquiet roomsan franciscoconvenient locationfreewaybayweddingclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I would never ever stay at this hotel again. We had our wedding at a nearby winery and invited all the families stay at this hotel for the night of the wedding.

We had our wedding gifts (including cash) stole in our room and cannot feel more horrified than now about the experience we had with that hotel.

Other than this unbelievable accident, every single aspect of their service was so screwed up beyond description--including booking, billing, etc.

I can probably tolerate their sucky staff and their services but having your wedding gifts stolen is really tough and we feel so unfair and ripped-off that we had to pay for that kind of theft at a renowned hotel chain.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank robbed_at_doubletree
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night only while on business. A couple of nights would have been fine but for longer stays I would probably choose another hotel. The rooms are fairly spacious (relative to other DoubleTrees) and include some perks not normally associated with this brand. First, there was a large mini fridge included in the room. My last DoubleTree stay charged $10 for a fridge half this size. Also, while another review mentioned the wired internet (I did not have a wireless signal in my room either) it is worth mentioning that the wired internet is FREE! And the cord is provided. So unless you can't stand to be at the desk or you want to hook up an iDevice with WiFi the only option, the service here is above average. I also want to note that the bed here was the most comfortable I have slept on in quite a while.
So why not 5 stars? The bathroom is small and the layout is odd. The towel rack is on the front of the vanity and the only place to put a towel you can reach from the shower was a dirty, flimsy towel rack. Also, my room was not particularly clean when I checked in. There had obviously been a party in the room previously and several places showed remnants of scotch tape and decorations. I didn't have to hunt for these and housekeeping should have seen them. Made me wonder what else they don't pay attention to.
Overall, this was a pleasant place to stay. There is little in the way of recreation nearby (other than a small park) and you need to drive to find dinner so for a long stay I would look elsewhere but for a few nights on business, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: The elevator is SLOW. Use stairs or request a first floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding held at a nearby winery. Our room was well maintained, and the bed was very comfortable. The lack of wifi would have bothered us on a normal trip, but we spent very little time in our room on this occasion. Other large groups occupied the hotel at the same time. The front desk could have been better staffed to deal with check-ins and checkouts. Lobby bar was closed. Breakfast room was extrememly crowded - we decided to go to the charming downtown area for breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are quieter/
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The directions given by Google Maps is awful. As long as you can get passed that, you'll be good to go. The staff there are pleasant and accommodating. All of the members of our group received hotel rooms on the same floor and close to one another. That proved to be extremely helpful for everyone. We ate at the restaurant and it was a bit on the slow side, but still very good. The only real complaint we had was the elevator. It's super slow and takes forever. Otherwise, I would've given five stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The hotel was ok overall. It is an older hotel, and they have made cosmetic changes to update it. I was disappointed that there was no wifi in the room, had to plug into the big blue wire. Felt like a bit of a time warp. Wifi in the lobby only. Hotel staff was nice. Water pressure in shower ok, but it took a long time for the hot water to heat up.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business