All reviews each morning garret room llama pasture briar rose chicken beach trail rose room delicious breakfast hiking trails wine hour farm fresh eggs carriage house common room wine barn cookies other guests baked goods
Reviewed 8 January 2017

My husband and I have stayed at Glendeven Inn 4 or 5 times over the years. We keep coming back, because we love it! Our most recent stay was in early January 2017. We were in the Bay View room, which has a wonderful ocean view and balcony. The breakfast is fantastic and they have many nice, thoughtful touches to make the whole stay special. In a previous visit, we stayed in the Bay Loft room - also excellent. Previously, we stayed in the East Farmington room, and we liked that too. In general, I think the rooms' awesomeness is correlated with the price, so I recommend the more expensive rooms. (They're all nice.) It's definitely a splurge for us, but worth it as an occasional treat.
I love having a fireplace (and it's all ready to use... you just have to light it!). I love that you can go to the farmhouse lounge room and get a cookie and tea or coffee whenever you want. They're happy to recommend restaurants and make reservations for you. It's just lovely all around, and very romantic.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

What a fabulous B&B - we stayed in the Garden Room and loved our experience from making the reservation, to checking in through to checkout, they even have your name assigned to a specific parking spot The proprietor John and his team are focused on ensuring your stay is enjoyable.. We loved the breakfast and having it in the sunroom although the standard is to deliver it to your room. Evening wine reception is welcoming and generous and we loved walking the grounds and trails, feeding the chickens and watching the llamas. We'll be back and would encourage you to check in!

Room Tip: Ask for the Garden Room
Reviewed 1 January 2017

My wife and I had visited Glendeven Inn on our honeymoon 11 yrs ago. We had been hoping for some time to return to where it all started. Santa Claus finally gave us that opportunity and we were thrilled to see that a number of changes had been made, all to enhance the traveler's experience. The room in which we stayed, East Farmington, was perfect. The llamas, chickens and edible garden all great additions. The breakfast was delicious, and we were able to enjoy it the deck outside our room, while admiring our ocean view. The staff at Glendeven clearly care about making a stay at their property a memorable experience. Now we will be looking forward to our third stay. This is no ordinary inn. Thank you, Glendeven.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Last year, my partner and I decided to run away for the holidays and chose the Glendeven as our home away from home. It was so perfect that we chose to do the same this year. There were flowers and brownies waiting for us when we arrived and a hand-written "welcome back" note. The view from our wee balcony (in Etta's Suite) overlooked both the llama pasture and the ocean and was a joy to wake up to every morning. The staff is always kind and considerate. When we told the innkeeper that my partner had a sore throat, she sent up mint tea with honey and lemon with breakfast the next day. Every detail at this inn feels chosen and special, from each piece art to the cut crystal brandy glasses that live in the sunroom to the local wine that is served with a snack every evening. I look forward to our new Christmas tradition like a kid... at Christmas.

Room Tip: Etta's Suite for the view, The Carriage House for seclusion
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We stayed in the East Farmington room for a couple of nights. It was clean, comfortable, and there were many small personal touches to make us feel welcome (brownies and flowers to welcome us, water and wine glasses at the ready, and even a sign with our name on the parking space!). The grounds are peaceful and beautiful, and we visited with the chickens and llamas. There are also some great paths to take extended walks on the bluffs. We spent both evenings sitting in front of the wood fire, drinking wine and playing scrabble. The breakfast was wonderful! Also, thanks to Innkeeper Patience, who is awesome!

Room Tip: East Farmington gets early morning sun and is next to the morning llama pasture.