“Good BBQ”

Coop's West Texas BBQ
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Lemon Grove
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This is the second barbecue place on a list of 2 that was given to me by a gentleman who judges barbecues. The brisket was tender, the hotlinks were nice and spicy, the red beans and rice were great, and the coleslaw was excellent. My brother tried the pulled pork and chicken and thought the chicken was a little dry but the pulled pork was great. My other friends had barbecued spareribs along with a pulled pork sandwich and everyone enjoyed all of the food. I would put this on par with the Grand Ole BBQ y Asada on 32nd St., but that being said, at the Grand Ole BBQ y Asada you are allowed to bring your own beer and the atmosphere really was so much better being able to eat outdoors at picnic tables as opposed to inside. I would still recommend either of the barbecue places as they are as close to Texas barbecue as I found in the city.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Fantastic BBQ. small shop there are table there but I would plan to take it home or to the park. Always busy. When the BBQ taste that good it's no wonder. Family like atmosphere. Worth the trip to LG.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We drive 20 minutes out of our way and directly passed two major bbq chains in San Diego because nothing beats Coops!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Barbeque was delicious. Sauces and sides eere tasty. Service was reasonably fast and prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I am from North Carolina. Nuff said on my knowledge and experience with how pork should be cooked and taste.
Coops is excellent! Chopped que has wood smoke flavor and sides on collards and beans makes me homesick for NC. Just go and try it!

Date of visit: January 2018