See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Once I booked my room I was stuck. What I mean by this is that they did not want to give my money back. The room was nasty. Had a terrible scent, bugs in the tub, one bed wasn't made, and the refrigerator was unplugged. After complaining they put me in another room which was clean, but I had a bug problem. The guy at the front desk acted like he didn't understand English when I told him that I needed to go to a bug free room. He made a sarcastic joke and said people from TX are used to those bugs, but I told him not in their room. I canceled the next night, but I was told that I couldn't get my money back, so I had to stay again. I used the bleach and comet to clean out the bathroom again. I also had to buy some towels b/c every towel in their bathroom, except 1 had some type of hair or spot on it. Please do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank latarchau
Reviewed 11 February 2008

I read the other reviews that are posted, and started to look around for different accomadations, but thankfully stayed with my original reservation. I saw no signs of any drug deals or wierd people out and about. Maybe i was just lucky i did notice that the majority of the people staying that night were soccer families. The room was just what i expected when i booked it, small and clean, the only negative i have is make sure you bring your own shampoo, it was not provided like most hotels.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank PPBrazil
Reviewed 20 June 2006

Great place if you like throwup and condoms all over the room. What a pigsty. There were plenty of drug dealers walking around too. We left after 2 minutes in the room.
[--]

Stayed: November 2004
5  Thank Footprints2299
Reviewed 3 June 2004

It was very uncomfortable stay. Couldn't sleep. Room smelled like cheap disinfectant. The hotel is right off from freeway and very noisy. Had to ask front desk for towels.

4  Thank Rreviewer
Reviewed 28 July 2003

I cannot stress enough, this was by far the worst motel experience of my family's lives!! We were not expecting a 5 star hotel by any means, however, we figured by the Motel 6 reputation in the past, we would get a small, clean, unremarkable room at a decent price. HA! We arrived at the Lancaster Motel 6 a little before 11 PM. It was in a relatively OK area, right off the freeway. And, from the entrance, looked fine. We should have been suspicious at first by the cruising around of several vehicles that were not in the greatest condition. But, we were exhausted and just wanted to check in. After all, how bad could it be?
Wrong question to ask of this place. After checking in with a woman behind a bulletproof glass vestibule, the kind used by 24-hour gas stations, we unloaded our luggage into the room. It was after 11 PM by this point, and there were people roaming around as if it were 5 in the afternoon. And this was on a Wed. night! Small children were unattended by any visible adults, drug deals were being made blatently, and although I am in now way pretentious, the calibur of people was quite terrifying. I don't think anyone there had showered in the last few days (although after seeing the mold in our shower, I don't blame them). The final straw was my husband's discovery of a syringe on the stairs leading to our room. He locked us in our room with strict instructions to NOT Go OUTSIDE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. The room was disgusting, and I lay down my own blanket on top of the cirgarette burned, stained comforter on the bed in fear of what diseases might be on it. As my children and I sat huddled on the bed, I attempted to look up other hotels in the phone book. As soon as I grabbed the phone book, my hand was in some foreign sticky substance. I don't even want to know what it was. The walls were filthy, the shower as I previously stated, had tons of mold and it smelled as if someone had smoked 100 packs of cigarettes in there just prior to our arrival (apparently putting them out on the comforter!) Finally, my husband called telling me not to unpack anything, that he had found a better hotel. When we went to get a refund, even the woman who worked there said she wondered why we were staying there. How pathetic that the employees warn against staying there! It wasn't all that cheap either! $160 for 3 nights! We found a Holiday Inn in nearby Palmdale, and after hearing about our ordeal, shaved $30 off their usual room rate for us. Thank God! So, unless you are a drug dealer, pimp or just want to fear for your life in general, do NOT stay at this motel!!!

14  Thank Curiosity22099