“Great cakes! Tasty Popusas!”

Maribel’s Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 8 Bakeries in Lancaster
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 10
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Maribels on 20th street west Lancaster and avenu J has been a staple of Lancaster. They have great cakes that are ready to be purchased and they can write your sentiments on it! Maribel herself is very accommodating and very personable. They make great popusas and other foods. Cakes are delicious and with the money! Love love this place and the staff are wonderful folks!

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We went to Maribel's during a Thursday Farmer's Market on the Blvd. We ordered a few pupusas including a vegetarian pupusa where you pick two of several ingredients. It was actually kind of cool to watch the person in the kitchen make and cooked the Pupusas right there by hand. It took 25 minutes. I ordered a horchata, which was grainy. I would recommend Maribel's for their pupusas; the food is good enough for 4-5 dots, but make sure you have the time to wait.

1  Thank dmpdsc
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I loved the cake that I got for my birthday a couple of months back! It was a strawberry and chocolate cake, so good! I do recommend the cakes for any occasion, though you do have to order 2 weeks in advance. Their Mexican food is very good, as I have been looking for some good places for a while. I recommend the burrito and tacos the most.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

The Bakery is great and the tamales are wonderful, I go there often and keep some on hand in my fridge because I live a bit away. I get a craving when out. The service is really friendly. I get pastries for community gatherings and everyone loves it.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

When I go into a bakery I expect to see cakes and plenty of sugary delights. There were no cakes available for sale, must be ordered two weeks ahead of time. Disappointed, we settled for a few large cookies. They were not as sweet as I am used to and had no flavor. However, we were at a party some years back where they had a Maribel cake and it was delicious. Don't think we'll order pastries there again, but will plan ahead of time and try a cake. Would love to see them have some cakes in inventory.

Been to Maribel’s Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK