“Now that’s Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2017

It has been a while since we dined here and wanted to see if it was as good as we remembered. The first thing we noticed was that the gelato bar near the entrance was no longer there but we were usually too full to order some anyway. Now for the food, the pizza was as we remembered very flavorful and the toppings in the right proportions. The garlic bread had changed and now the slices were not as wide or as long as they once were and the bread was denser which prevented the garlic from fully permeating the full depth of the slice, but the garlic that was there was very tasty. And beer, how can you mess up beer.
Now for the service, it took a while before anyone approached us to take our drink order; and it was not crowed in the area we were sitting in. Our server might have been new as when we asked if we could get a pitcher of beer rather than just a small or large glass which was all that was mentioned in the menu she had to go and ask. I didn’t request that we get the garlic bread when the beer arrived so it came after the pizza; I will need to remember that for the next time. And we were only checked on near the end of the meal so if any issues had arisen we would have been out of luck. All in all the meal was very good and the price was reasonable and we intend to return in the near future as the food is still very tasty.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

First, My review includes the new location in the Lancaster Outlet mall. Good on them: They DO participate in local fundraising support of our peace officers and they get my respect for that. However, when they say "all proceeds" and then it is actually only 10%, that was a bit disappointing. Our experience at the Challenger way location is that we used to be regulars and Marco knew our order and my wine preferences. Lately, we found the service is lacking. Just last month we visited and there were only 3 tables of customers in the left side of the store and a few folks at the bar on the other side, yet I had to keep requesting my water be refilled and the food took forever. Our Pizza took almost an hour, was burnt, and it seemed as if they didn't notice. No mention of remaking it and no reason, being that the place was practically empty, that it should have taken so long. We knew that night, there was no reason to return to this location. Their medium super pizza is a $23 item. So to burn it and offer no replacement or a discounted price is simply poor form. The newest location in the outlet mall is larger and has much better lighting, but lacks ambience. They do, however, have what appears to be the longer-term, more experienced wait-staff. It was unfortunate for us last evening that we weren't seated where they work. The banquet room was hopping with the fundraiser event and we were unable to be seated in there so we were seated in the main area. Our waitress may have been overburdened, we aren't certain. There were 6 of us. We asked about the salads and were told the antipasto salads were enough for a meal. My $9 salad came with very little actual salad in a bowl the size you'd serve cereal to child. No, not kidding. I requested bleu cheese dressing on the side, instead, got a bucket of ranch. Another lady got the salad with chicken. again, not much in the way of salad in that little bowl and very dry chicken. One gentleman ordered the buffet. The buffet comes in at $19/person. You'd expect for that price, the product would be fresh and rotated. At 5:30 pm, it was looking pretty dried out; the pizza was really bad looking and when my friend asked if they were going to put out fresh food, he was told they were not. He had to complain to the manager. They took care of his bill on that one. My husband's pizza, again, the medium super, we requested thin crust and this was not done (which it always was done in the other location). Toppings seemed a little more sparse than in the past, and I know folks are either upping prices or skimping on things, but when you're charging $23 for a medium pizza, give a guy his money's worth. It wasn't burnt, so there's a bonus. I was looking for the draft beer on the menu and it seemed very limited. AFTER ordering, someone at the table noticed the "Bravery Brewing" sign over at the bar. So I went over to see what they had, figuring it must be in the bottles, must be a new item. Nope. they had 2 on draft. Why was this NOT ON THE MENU? I mentioned to the bartender that I didn't see our 2 favorite beers on the menu and now I'm stuck with this lesser stuff. He said he thought it was on the menu in the Palmdale location. That would be fine, if I was in the Palmdale location, but I wasn't. Hopefully, they'll fix that. They could just do a little ad on the table until they could get new menus. They had some other beer ad in the tabletop stand. Bravery would probably even be willing to provide flyers if asked. They are some nice folks over there. But I digress. When it was time to pay, the credit card machine (they have only 1?) we were told was backed up and we had to wait about 20 minutes until we got our cards back. At any rate, there were several things that just added up to an overall less than positive experience and we were all in agreement that we don't need to go back again.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We went to Gino's with our family. All the different dishes we ordered was delicious. The service was great and they even had an entertainer playing piano and he was also singing we enjoyed listening to him. This restaurant is highly recommended. The price is reasonable .

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Everything is setup well inside the restaurant and the pizza is very tasty my wife likes it better than any other pizza in Lancaster.They serve wine with your dinner if requested and also sell special drinking glasses.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

We were very tired the day we arrived in Lancaster after a long drive. Decided to ask the front desk for a recommendation for pizza delivery and they suggested Gino's. We were very pleased with our tasty pizza and delivery time.