“Best Camarones Aguachiles Ever!”
Review of Chef Serape

Chef Serape
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My favorite dish at Chef Sarape is their Aguachiles. Also, the Carne Asada street tacos are the bomb! I eat here often and I highly recommend it. The best Mexican restaurant/food in the KRV.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We visited this little place in downtown Lake Isabella. After enjoying a reasonably priced meal with my wife, I am not sure why it wasn't packed? The service was positive and the food was flavorful. We even took some home with us because the serving size was more than we could eat in one setting.

If you have a calling for Mexican Food, stop in. I bet you will receive Fast Service and Value for your Money!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Chef Sarape makes my favorite dish which is Aguachiles. It is spicy and yummy. They also make the best carnitas and carne asada. Great family run restaurant!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

I expected good Mexican food and got canned chicken in my enchiladas. Salsa was also not home made. Prices are cheap but so is the food. You get what you pay for.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my mother and my sister. The food as always was excellent but the seats were a bit worn.

The chips are light and crispy with a good salsa.

I ordered a chili relleno with no rice, just retried beans. The beans are the classic creamy refried pintos that I love and they were excellent. The relleno was batter dipped and cheese stuffed. There was a choice of a poblano and a green chili. I went with the poblano. I very much enjoyed my relleno.

My sister had a carnitas enchilada, which she thought was good but found the sauce slightly disappointing.

I go there every time I visit my mother. It is one of the few good restaurants in Lake Isabella.

Date of visit: February 2017