“Great hotel with an awesome staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed 19 June 2017

It was such a pleasure to be greeted by a warm and welcoming staff! From the minute we checked until we checked, out everyone was so helpful and friendly. The pool was great too! Thank you Sandi for making our stay special!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mike S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear DocnanLV,

I'm so happy to hear that your visit was excellent! Yes Sandi is so very welcoming and I'll be sure she knows you have called her out. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Great place to stay whilst visiting my brother in calif. Close drive to all the places we love and fantastic rooms for comfort and cleanliness. Costs were of an acceptable level and I would definitely stay there again when we return.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello sandycraig2015,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your kind words. Yes we are central to many different destinations, right in the middle of an easy commute to either San Diego or Los Angeles. We enjoyed serving you.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We stayed here for one evening. Discomfort started with check-in. They charged us, ahead of time, for incidentals -- swiped our credit card with an amount -- rather than just taking a copy they would use, if required. Never had that happen before. Furthermore, the rate was different than we were quoted on-line, and we had the paperwork to prove it. They had a vague explanation, something about taxes. Were that the case, they need to update their website.

Then, there was breakfast. We were comped for breakfast, but the server didn't know that in advance, so it can't affect how we were treated. I tried to make myself a cup of tea, but the water was too cold -- colder than bathwater. I reported it to the server/overseer and asked for hot water. He brought me a cup, in reasonable order, but never did anything to replace the pot! When I went for a second cup, I had to ask, again! And, finding him was a delay. Then there was the selection. Breakfast was from 7 - 11 on Saturday mornings. We arrived at 9:30; pickings were slim and were not added to while we were there. Someone asked for a plain bagel (reasonable enough request) -- no, they don't carry those. Someone else asked for more of a particular pastry -- no, they're all out. Wonder what was left at 11? My husband ordered an omelet, which took a while to get. He asked for peppers -- when it arrived there were peppers, all in a clump, slap-dab in the middle! The other fillings weren't spread out either. Whoever was cooking the eggs had no concept of how to make an omelet. However, the attendant had plenty of time to talk (quite loudly) to another table, bragging about the new job he was going to get. Couldn't be fast enough for our liking.

The room setup was also a bit weird. They put in a loveseat, on the same wall as the bed, which resulted in the bed being pushed up to within 15 inches of the wall. Not a lot of space in a relatively large room! Keurig-style coffee-tea provided, but no real choice: one coffee and herbal tea.

We weren't expecting a palace, but this did not live up to the Hilton standards we are used to. Reading other reviews, we weren't the only one who had trouble with the billing. They really need to work that out!!

Room Tip: Relatively quiet for being near a highway.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear 50ish_Mom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really am sorry for the "roller coaster" visit you experienced at our hotel. While credit cards must be swiped per PCI Compliance - copies can not be made - we should have better explained the rate discrepancy. I'm also sorry that your breakfast experience was well below our usual higher Hilton standards. My servers should be paying more attention to all Guests and replenishing the buffet more often. While this is not a typical experience at our hotel, I do invite you back in the future and I'll personally ensure your stay is perfect. Feel free to contact me directly so I may prepare for your visit.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Other than a minor billing issue, overall the hotel was clean, provided free water bottles at the front desk, and most of all, quiet!! I was able to focus on my work and not be disturbed by rowdy guests. Breakfast was good but NOT free. It was not too expensive. Oatmeal and fruit was $2.16. Good for me. No big frills but if you are looking for a quiet pleasant stay as a business traveler, this place is great.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear 511katherinev,

I am so happy that you were able to focus on your work and get it done. Yes this is a business traveler's hotel - so quiet is what you'll find. While we are tucked against rolling foothills, we are still accessible by multiple highways, and close to many dining and shopping opportunities. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

First time I choose this hotel....
It's nice and close to the office, too.
Room was clean and they left me also a small treat for my late arrival....in the room.. really appreciated.
Staff is nice and polite.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Mike S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Hello Marco C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy that this was the right hotel for you. Yes we are close to many corporate offices nearby. We're also close to several shopping, dining and highway options.

We look forward to serving you again - it was our pleasure.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
3.5 km away
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
#2 of 5 in Mission Viejo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK