See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I had camped here years ago when it was run by the state and really liked it. Now that it is city owned and run by a vendor it is not as nice. The grounds are unkept. There is dead grass, poor roads and overgrown bushes and trees. The restrooms are gross. The water at the site tastes terrible! A real positive is that work has begun to re-open lake access. I hope that the rest of the park is renovated as well. This place has great potential, just needs a lot of work. I will give it another try once the lake access work is completed in June and if work is done to improve the campground.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don W
Reviewed 8 December 2010

camping with a 26 foot travel trailer, was not easy to get into small space. its made for a smaller tlr.
the water hook up was 50-60 feet away in the next camp site. my hose is not that long, had to borrow one from the park. (tasted terrible) Electric hook up was under powered (less then 30 amps) so couldnt use air cond. or microwave. the grass that was there was mostly dead so it was mostly dirt. the fire ring was much too close to the trailer so we used one in the next site. my brother & sister wanted to visit us & were told there would be a $10.00 use fee, pluse they would have to park outside the grounds. I dont know what there is to use, the lake is fenced off, the bath rooms are old & stinky, there is no pool. i guess there is only dirt to use. the campground was pretty full that weekend with motorcycles. it was noisy all night with them coming & going at all hours.
will I be back? NO
will I recomend to anyone? NO

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1bikerbill38
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We recently had a bad experience at the Lake Elsinore campground. Here is the link to their website:

rockymountainrec.com/camp/elsinore-campgroun…

First of all, the reservation desk has nothing to do with the campground itself and the agent had never been there so they couldn't recommend a good location at the campground. The campground itself is made up of very small and not-so-private camping sites. The sites in the middle have a lot of trees and are ok but when it's crowded, it's still very loud. The lake view sites don't have a lot of shade but had a good view. Unfortunately, you cannot access the lake from the campground due to fence. Not all campsites have fire rings or picnic tables and some of the sites are located disturbingly close to the bathrooms.

We experienced a very loud and crowded campground. Many of the sites are electric and people brought radios, tvs, lights, you name it. The group next to us played video games all weekend outside! It really took away from the camping feeling. This place is better for RV camping and I would not recommend tent camping here.

We ended up leaving one night early. :-(

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank beach22