Although the property is being upgraded, it seems that the upgrades are being cheaply done. However, I appreciated the newer, more soundproof windows and clean surfaces.
The room was well laid out. Although clean, the bathroom seemed patchworked and there was a void in the floor tile next to the toilet. Kind of creepy. The caulking around the tub was a sloppy, amateur job. C'mon, just do it right for a much better look.
I did appreciate the glass shelf above the vanity top, however. The bed was fairly comfortable and I appreciated the choice in pillows.
It was raining or my stay would have been much less quiet, since the rooms face the pool area and it is a small property. Not good if you want quiet. However, the beach is just across the boulevard so this would be a good deal for families or those who don't mind noise in exchange for beach access.
I would not stay here again because of the lack of an elevator and I don't like being on ground level.
That said, I had deviated from my practice of booking with the property and used hotels.com. I was told by them that the place did have an elevator. Wrong. (I will never book through them again and most likely will continue to book direct.)
The desk clerk understood my plight and although my room was still on the ground level, he placed me next to the office. He also told me that in their property's experience, booking agents will often tell prospective guests what they want to hear. My suggestion is book directly or call the property to confirm what the booking agent says before making your reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the stunning backdrop of Laguna Beach, a classic 1950s Southern California Motor Lodge is reborn as a comfortable boutique hotel.The Laguna Beach Lodge offers outstanding value: free parking, complimentary breakfast and attractive rates.Ideally situated and perfect for families, we capture the spirit of Laguna and make it all affordable, convenient, and fun.•A short walk to Treasure Island Beach.•Summertime trolley service from our front door to Laguna's village.•Free Wifi.•Bright, cheerful, and fresh Laguna Beach hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Laguna Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Laguna Reef Hotel
- Laguna Reef Motel
- Best Western Laguna Beach