Capri Laguna On The Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 313
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 230
US$ 223
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Art Hotel - Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 147
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 231
US$ 202
  • Breakfast included
US$ 424
US$ 393
  • Pool
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
US$ 216
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 419
US$ 389
Crescent Bay Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 177
US$ 160
Priceline
US$ 1,013
US$ 510
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop bardownstairs restaurantsmall platesrooms are smallspanish styleliterally stepsacross the streetboutique hotelocean viewfree breakfastbreakfast roomresort feewatch the sunsetthe entire staffbeach towelsprivate beachart galleries
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My fiance and I are planning our wedding in Laguna next year and were looking for a place to stay with our guests. We were excited about staying here because it looked so cool on their website. The "convenient" parking was our first bad experience. It is across Pacific Coast Highway, so we had to drag our bags across the busy street. Not only that, but the parking is a joke. The lot is so tiny and the spaces are so crammed I had to get out and direct my fiance into the spot every time.

We checked in and asked to speak to the woman who coordinates room blocks and weddings but she was not there. We were told our room was in the basement and to take the stairs down to get to our room. The halls smelled old and musty and the floors creak VERY loudly. When we got to our room, we literally laughed out loud. Was this a joke? It was the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. There is no closet, just a built in with a few hangers. The TV is about 13" and from the early 90's and mounted to the wall. The remote didn't work so we had to call to get a new one. That didn't work either so we had to get up to change the channel each time. I tried to open the window to get some fresh air and it was being held closed by a rusty nail. The bathroom was freezing and the window in there was moldy and the paint was falling off the walls. I called the front desk to see if we could stay in a larger room on a higher level. We are from Chicago and wanted to see the ocean!! They said no, they had nothing available. Then they called me a few minutes later and said they can a suite available for an additional $150/night. We thought we would just suck it up. I wish we would have left and stayed somewhere else because it was THE WORST night's sleep I've ever experienced. I couldn't believe it. Also, the bar and lobby stay busy until 2am which means every guest in the hotel has to listen to drunks running around the halls and walking up and down the creaking stairs. They also have public restrooms for the bar which are right outside the hotel rooms. It was a nightmare... I was literally in tears knowing I had spent so much and couldn't even get a good night's sleep, and couldn't even open my window to get fresh air. This hotel obviously makes money on their bar and restaurant and doesn't care about their hotel guests. It was disappointing and I will never be back. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There are tons of other great hotels in the area for a lot less money, which I'm sure don't have cob webs above the bed, mold, and a loud bar to try to fall asleep to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank chicag032
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I booked this hotel after seeing an episode of Real Housewives of OC. It was for a birthday weekend for my husband and thought it would be a great romantic get away, especially the rooftop bar. Well, we never made it passed the lobby. After checking in, we decided to check the room before lugging in our luggage. Great thing that we did. The room was small (our closet was bigger), the furniture was old, the carpet and window treatments were dated, and an old "grandma" smell wafted through the room. There was a 15" LCD on a little dresser, a squeaky bed, and nightstands. We did not even bother to check the bathroom. We asked for an upgrade and was shown a larger room but everything else was the same including the grandma smell. We ended up staying at the Best Western across the street while Expedia booked us in another hotel. After reading other' raving reviews, I believe that the hotel is all that they claim to be: "wonderful stay", "great spot in Laguna Beach", and don't doubt it. But I guess those guest stayed in the updated rooms, which I did not know about., We will probably give this hotel another chance as it is extremely cozy, trendy yet not pretentious, and I totally agree with one of the guess that the staff is very customer-centric. BUT wewill definitely get a renovated suite.

Room Tip: Request and book for renovated rooms
1  Thank JMillerNorthridge_CA
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the standard room originally booked. La Casa del Camino offers a wide variety of guest rooms; the favorites being the 10 recently renovated Surf Suites. I would like to note that we are currently undergoing a renovation of our smaller standard guest rooms with completion estimated by the end of the year. Having been built in 1929, some of our standard guest rooms are indeed quite "cozy," but are very clean and comfortable, offering a more authentic historic hotel experience.

We look forward to hosting you in one of our Surf Suites... I'm confident you would find these rooms to be exactly what you had in mind. Thanks again for your candid comments!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I was very excited to stay at this hotel. We stumbled upon it in February when we went to dinner at K'ya (the restaurant in the lobby). It is such a cute hotel. THe lobby has a "spanish cozy" feel to it and we loved the food at K'ya. So when we got the chance to come back, we jumped on it. I was expecting the small rooms, but when we walked into our room, it felt like a step back in time. The bed was hard and the sheets were incredibely uncomfortable. I had heard there were rennovated rooms and had asked for one, but there wasn't one available. I think it would have been a very different experience if we had been able to get a rennovated room.

That being said, you can't beat the location, restaurant, and rooftop bar. It was great for one one night in Laguna, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay more than that in the room we had.

1  Thank sdtraveler0607

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel and restaurants, and hope you choose to return so you may check out our Casa Surf Suites or another of our many great room options. It is true that some of our economy rooms are "a step back in time," and we are currently undergoing a renovation of our economy rooms on the first floor (below the lobby level). We are always striving for improvement in all areas of the hotel and I would like to encourage you to call us if you have any questions regarding updates in room types, or upgraded room availabilities.

Your comments are very much appreciated!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Had amazing experience, from start to finish. The decor is contemporary spanish moroccan style, but its their guest services that make this place stand out. I've stayed at other boutique hotels in Laguna, this by far was best experience. Planned on staying in standard queen bed w/partial bathroom view, but was upgrade to king bed w/full ocean view! It wasn't their newer rooms, but bathroom was big, room was comfortable. TV bit dated, but if not spending time in room who cares. Rooftop lounge and 24 hour access is a bonus. Great food & drinks up there. Also, took hotel provided breakfast (another delicious meal there) up to Rooftop in the morning - beautiful. Had dinner nearby and great bar located on same block.

Upon returning to hotel after night out on the town, we were craving something sweet. We asked the front desk if they had vending machine w/choc. chip cookies, they ended up delivering to us fireside in lobby 2 chocolate lava cakes w/coffee crunch ice cream and 2 Pinot Noirs - a DREAM come true! Beyond expectations for sure.

Overall, wonderful experience. We will be back there for sure.

Room Tip: Ask if any upgrade available.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I read the reviews before booking this hotel, so I was prepared for the noise and small rooms. I stayed here last week and upon checking in I was not going to rate this higher than a 3. The location is perfect, but with that comes a lot of road noise, which seems typical for this area. We checked in about 1 hour earlier (2 pm). We were given a room located on PH, above the restaurant. There was a heavy clorox smell in the small room so we open the windows and went out. When we came back we had a shock, the room was now smelling like cigarette smoke. Turns out the people in the restaurant downstairs smoke on the sidewalk, so guess where the smoke will go. Anyway, I went to ask at the reception and the girl was super-nice and moved us on the same floor to a more quiet room. So I had to up my rating because we ended up having a great stay. The restaurant downstairs is really nice. They have a happy hour, but my advice is to order from the regular menu, the items are much better, and everything is <10. The top roof restaurant has less interesting food, but the view makes it worthwhile. The breakfast has really nice touches and I think they serve it on the rooftop during the weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at La Casa del Camino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay, despite your initial disappointment at check-in. We are always happy to accommodate our guest's requests, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your stay great.

With warm regards and the hope to see you again soon,
Charlotte, Guest Service