We stayed at this hotel for two nights with friends in March celebrating my friend's birthday....Here are some pros and cons for you:
- Great location - a few steps away from the beach!
- large, clean room (we upgraded to a deluxe king - but non-view). The weather was spectacular, and we were not in the room very much and felt we did not really need a 'view.'
- Great, friendly, happy and accommodating staff. Very nice people here!
- comfortable bed
- good sized bathroom and shower
- very good continental breakfast in the a.m. in the lobby
- beach chairs and towels offered for free at the front desk. And a nice bellman to carry them down to the beach for you.
- Very cool rooftop deck and bar - it's a fun hotel with a lot going on....BUT Consider yourself warned - get there early!!! If you want to have brunch or lunch, get there super-early and put your name on the list. It was incredibly crowded and everyone wanted a table or were pushing up against you at the bar.
- Really great on-site restaurant off the lobby with a nice bar. (Hint: the restaurant also has a first floor, so if it looks crowded, ask to be seated "downstairs." They have a small bar down there, too.
- free parking across street
- large, welcoming lobby with adjacent restaurant (but slow service...)
- walkable to many stores and restaurants in Laguna
- Free wifi
- Definitely an old, quirky hotel. This is not luxury, but more of a mid-level hotel.
- Can use some renovating in a few areas....
- Really small, slow elevator
- The staff does not have an elevator for its own use, so everyone must share the same one. Not the best situation, as you can imagine. Most times we took the stairs. I felt sorry for the staff when they were moving tables (Or carrying trays of food) from one floor to the next.
- Odd layout of hotel. Because it is situated on a hill, a lot of rooms are "downstairs" off the lobby.
- We did not have a room adjacent to the lobby, nor would we want one. I did not see inside those rooms, but they are located in a a bad spot -- in a narrow hallway with restrooms just a few feet away. Not the ideal spot, to say the least. Restaurant and bar customers are constantly lined up to use the restrooms day and night - leaning up against guestroom doors. Those restrooms get a lot of traffic. Not the best situation, and I would highly recommend that the hotel do something about this issue.
- Due to the quirky layout, the staff always seemed to be running around, up and down the stairs, often carrying big trays of food around. You had to be on your guard not to get knocked down by someone carrying something around the narrow hallways. (But everyone was polite...)
So....hopefully this review provides a good overview! If the weather is great, you will definitely enjoy Laguna beach!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a relaxing journey to the historic La Casa del Camino hotel located in fabulous, Laguna Beach! Walk along the surf as you explore the pristine beaches just outside of our hotel. Join us for hand crafted cocktails and a diverse menu at K'ya Bistro Bar and The Rooftop. You'll rest easy in eclectic and beautifully decorated guest rooms, join us for a lively happy hour, and take a swim in the marvelous Pacific Ocean. Included in a $16 resort fee, you'll have access to on-site parking, wireless internet, a daily breakfast buffet, and the nearby Art of Fitness Gym! Check-in is at 4:00 p.m. and check-out is at 11:30 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your La Casa del Camino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Del Camino Hotel Laguna Beach