“A hidden gem”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Piermont, NY
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Eva's kitchen has a laid back Caribbean vibe and great food to match. The space is small and homey....has an authentic Caribbean look and feel...with relevant music to compete the setting.

I love carrot cake so I was amazed they had it on the menu since most dishes were legit Carribean flavors....maybe carrot cake was invented in Guyana or Jamaica...lol.

Anyway, we had lots of appys and by the time entrees showed up, we were almost full. Then we couldn't pass up dessert. Eva orders gourmet ice cream from Columbus Ohio...it's shipped in dry ice....how many places would do that in their passion to serve quality?...I dare say not many.

I almost forgot to mention the rum selection.....mind boggling would be accurate. Mojitos and Caribbean food...a match madevin culinary heaven. And they were served with lots of fresh mint....Perfect!

So we love Eva's Caribbean Kitchen...in a town full of so many great choices, it's a standout dining destination.

• Visited May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

What an amazing find in Laguna Beach! We started off with Eva's Callaloo soup and crab cakes, and enjoyed every mouth watering bite. The soup was richly flavored with a complex mix of spices which came together like magic and the crab cakes with mango salsa were just as delightful. We followed our appetizers with a sea bass and panamanian grouper entree which came with sides of rice and peas and vegetable sides. The portion size was amazing, the fish some of the freshest and tastiest we've had, and the vegetables were crispy, fresh and delicious! We topped off our meal with the best carrot cake we have had the pleasure of devouring, and we are carrot cake connoisseurs, and a delightful salted caramel ice cream. We enjoyed our entire Carribean dining experience and look forward to going back soon!

San Juan Capistrano, California
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had eaten at this restaurant once before and had a delicious jerk chicken. This time (joining friends there on my recommendation), the service was terrible, the food was not only very late in arriving, it was BURNT, the conch was rubbery... it was all terrible...including the bill. I will NEVER go back there again, and I urge all of you to strongly consider a different choice.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Sher C
San Clemente, California
“Eva's: Terriffic, quaint location. Cheerful ambience”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

- Really enjoyed Eva's in south Laguna Beach right on PCH.
- Clearly a lot of locals there who frequent the place regularly, all of whom receive a warm welcome upon entering.
- Particularly enjoyed the Jerk Salmon and Curry Snapper. Prices were a little high, but so was the quality.
- Spice use was subte for my taste but that may be to appeal to the local clientele.
- Service was exceptional
- It is quite small, maybe a dozen tables in all (which is part of its appeal). Reservations are recommended.

Laguna Beach, California
“Incredible food in a quaint location!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I recently moved to the area and just ate here for dinner the other night. I was warmly greeted by the owner and she recommended the jerk salmon for the evening. There were so many delicious items on the menu.. I just couldn't decide! I took her advice and ordered the salmon. Let me just say this was the absolute best dish I have had in a long time. The portion was huge (took home half) and the sides were perfectly julienned vegetables with rice and a plantain. yummy! I went to culinary school.. but still love to eat out.. and I will definitely be back.. with friends! Thank you for your great food!

• Visited April 2012