“Disappointing Fare”

Ranked #53 of 173 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I really won’t waste much time on this review. Suffice it to say that we were lured in off the sidewalk by the hostess who announced an early bird dinner special that seemed extremely reasonable (glass of wine, soup or salad, limited entrée selections for $12.95). You get what you pay for. There was a live singer in the bar and the volume was at rock concert level. We sat as far into the interior of the dining room as we could, but the screeching volume was punishing. We all sighed with relief when he took a break half way through our meal. The only culinary plus were the salads which were fresh, plentiful and chopped Cobb style, although we all remarked on the bare whisper of salad dressing on each of our plates. The complimentary house Cabernet was rotgut and I only tried a few sips. None of us had anything good to say about the entrees, so I won’t go into detail about their blandness. They’ve been in business a long long time, but they appear to be resting on past laurels.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My husband and I ate here last night. Not knowing anything about this place, we walked by here and decided to give it a try. "EH" is really all I can say. I have a hard time with restaurants that can't commit to one specific cuisine. This place tries to cater to at least three: Asian, Mexican, AND Italian? Really? I Maybe it's because the overall atmosphere is seriously outdated, the silverware doesn't match, nor does the decor. Probably a good place for folks with kids or maybe a more mature crowd (my grandmother would probably love it), but definitely lacking a crisp, clean impression I like in a restaurant. I don't need expensive, but I like a cohesive menu and ambiance. I did enjoy the pinot noir I ordered, however, and the margarita my husband ordered was pretty good. Also, the bread basket delivered to the table was better than expected. But the meal itself was less than impressive. I ordered Italian and my husband got the mahi mahi, with guacamole as an app,...Mediocre at best. Felt like it was straight off the Sysco truck. Our server was nice, however, and we paid less than we expected for an app, two drinks and two entrees, so that was a plus...will definitely seek dining elsewhere next time we're in Laguna Beach, which is quite often.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Great location and great service, very good value on decent food, but this place has lost its edge. Once upon a time, this restaurant/bar/tavern was hoppin' but today it is tired. The owners refuse to spend a time on the interior, but that said, we always get a great meal and service there. Wine is priced about as low as you can find on PCH in a So Cal beach city.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Nice place for a fun Sunday brunch. Although a bit noisy, the food and service are good, while the locations unbeatable.
The biggest challenge is finding parking on a Sunday in Laguna Beach.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Sit on the front patio and enjoy a $ 9 Kobe Burger with dripping Cheddar..delicious!! People watch, enjoy a Fat Tire beer and this amazing burger. Such a great place to enjoy a lunch and the Laguna Beach atmosphere!