1,533 results
All reviewsreef buildingocean frontsurf wingdeck restaurantdriftwood kitchenoceanfront roomlounge chairssound of the waveshigh tideupon checkshops and restaurantsgrocery storevaletbalconybeachlagunasand
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We stayed in the Reef part of the hotel which hasn't yet been remodeled. While that section definitely needs a redo, we saved money and were still right on the beach. The rooms were always clean and cozy. I highly recommend the location as it's walkable to the major part of Laguna Beach. We only tried one of the restaurants on the property, DK Kitchen, and the black cod and risotto were the best I've had. Other places where we enjoyed the food were Tortilla Republic and Laguna Beach Brew and Grill (modern Mexican).

Room Tip: Room 132 was easy to get to. Our maid was great.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Alex Y, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for the kind words, LindaAZ2!

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much! We pride ourselves in offering a clean and comfortable environment for all of our guests and your praise tells us we're succeeding. Thank you again for sharing your review with us!

We can't wait to see you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a stellar day!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This place was overpriced for the quality of the TINY room, bathtub that was broken, no microwave, burnt heater, ragged carpet and a deck that I felt like was going to fall off! Naturally the view was perfect but the room was absolutely nothing special at all. Our room keys rarely worked (had to get new ones) and when engineering came to fix our bathtub troubles, they never fixed it! The water pressure was terrible in the shower and the parking fee of $34 a night is just too much! For the price I would just do a partial ocean view you get way more room but the alley way is nothing but noise all day and night. Also note that the restaurant called the driftwood was very $$$ also all of the room service was as well!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, katiejomcpherson.

We were disappointed to learn that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that this is not the standard that we aspire to and we will share your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you allow us the chance to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I booked this hotel super last minute thru hotel tonight and it exceeded my expectations!
The room was quietly located right next to the pool and jacuzzi . The ocean view rooms are GORGEOUS. The bed was comfortable, the location is perfect, I walked just about everywhere. The staff was super helpful and friendly (thank you Javid and Jay!!!) I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Alex Y, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thanks for the excellent review, Vanessa!

We're delighted your time with us was so outstanding as providing our guests with an excellent experience is very important to us. It's fantastic you appreciated our beautiful ocean views, great location and the excellent service from Javid and Jay. That's what we like to see! We look forward to your next visit with us and Happy Holidays from all of us at Pacific Edge Hotel.

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

The ads for this place are very misleading. The photos show an elegant place but when you get into the room it is anything but.We were very disappointed with our stay here. the town of Laguna is wonderful but this hotel isn't.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter F
Alex Y, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback, Peter.

We're disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience with us. We are dedicated to providing our guests with quality service. It's unfortunate to know that you felt we could have done a better job, but we're confident that we can provide you with a more positive experience in the future.

We'd love to host you again and give you the wonderful experience we have become known for here.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I booked to stay on a Wednesday night, off season. A king ocean view room was $325. plus $24 for overnight parking. For the price point I had an expectation of a nice cozy room. I got to my room and it looked nothing like the photos on the website. It was sad and dated with chipped furniture, a rusty old heating unit in the wall, an old plastic tub and across from the sink the wall was sticking out. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. I called reception and asked if they had a more updated room, possibly with a softer mattress? He said " You could play Goldie Locks and try beds in different rooms, but I can tell you they are all the same. In a perfect world, what would you like?" Me-In a perfect world I would like an updated room that looked like the photos on the website that I booked and not this room.. He put me on hold and they moved me to a different building, with a better room, same bed. The first room was a 2 star room, the second was 3. The TV and remote didn't work, so I called down and they sent someone right up who fixed it. Also the elevators weren't working because they weren't "Permitted" ( Likely code for not passing inspection) so it's a walk up 4 flights, which I don't mind, but someone with a lot of bags would. I ordered room service from a restaurant that works with them, which was good and their service was great and friendly. Since they aren't associated with the hotel you pay them directly. Personally I hate it when hotels put you in a Bad room and then have a better one when you complain. For $350. off season you should put people in the best room you have. So many better places to stay for the money and no aggravation.

Stayed: November 2017
Alex Y, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

We appreciate the feedback, nikitaseye.

It's unfortunate your stay in our hotel didn't exceed your expectations. We regret that you had with our furnishings and accommodations. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address all of your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.