1,532 results
All reviewsreef buildingocean frontsurf wingdeck restaurantdriftwood kitchenoceanfront roomlounge chairssound of the waveshigh tideupon checkshops and restaurantsgrocery storevaletbalconybeachlagunasand
Reviewed 26 May 2017

the rooms were not in accordance with the price. Yes they have magnificent ocean views, but the suite we had was less than any other place I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very disappointing and not as clean as you would think for a place stating their reputation. Master bath was small with no place for your personal items, no robe hook and no shelving. The Master bedroom in our suite had dirty carpet and was a plain as a room could be. No table for in room dining and a lack of seating except for the bed which is where we ate when ordering in room. The second family bedroom and bath was horrible, the bath was actually better in size than the master but everything was old and not a new as in the photos. I will not recommend or stay at the location again. There are much better/nicer locations in Laguna. Had I not prepaid, I would have left. Did negotiate a further discount on the overall cost with the manager, but that was less than what should have been refunded. I will say the staff in every area were nice and helpful. If you are only looking for view and courteous staff this is your place, but if you want what you pay for look else where in my opinion. And other guests while knowing it was a non smoking facility smoked on the balconies even with the signs posted no smoking. Dogs allowed at the pool. Not good in my opinion.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms near the restaurant and bar
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank George G R
Alex Y, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

We appreciate the feedback, George.

We're disappointed your experience with us was less than ideal. We strive to offer quality service and convenience for our guests. It's unfortunate your room wasn't refreshed properly and that our accommodations didn't meet your expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Older Hotel... a little on the expensive side... but our ocean view room was tremendous! We slept with our balcony door open to listen to the waves about 30 ft from our balcony. The room itself was average... but the room location.... PERFECT!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bill B
Alex Y, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

It's so lovely having waves as the background music, Bill! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. While we are comparable to all the other hotels in the area, I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully, you'll be back to enjoy more of Laguna Beach soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to stay in Laguna Beach both for the price, customer service and for the location. This time I was greeted by CJ and Stacie at the front desk and both went above and beyond to make my stay a very memorable one. If you are looking for a cool and hip place to stay, I definitely recommend this place

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dwight, I'm so glad we're you go-to for whenever you're in Laguna Beach! I'll let Stacie and CJ know about the kind words -- it's guests like you that inspire us to keep up the friendly service. Here's to next time!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

My daughters and I stayed here for a week or two every summer when they were little. They are now grown and it was awesome to revisit and to find the place is still wonderful! ___________
The place is still very well maintained with a nice pool, beach access.

__

_

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

That's so lovely to hear -- welcome back to Laguna Beach! It seems like you all had a nice reunion with us. Thank you so much for the feedback and hope you'll be back next summer!

Till next time,

Reviewed 17 May 2017

CJ was very helpful in getting us an adjoining room in exchange for the 2 bedroom apartment that only has one bathroom and requires renovation. Not recommended for anyone requiring wheelchair or walker. The valet is not convenient unless you're staying on the same level since the complex are in 3 levels and multiple building. Too far from the lobby.

Room Tip: See review above
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Alex Y, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thanks for all the feedback -- I'm glad we were able to accommodate your needs to make you all feel as comfortable as possible during your stay with us. We take health and safety requirements very seriously, so I hope you'll think of us next time you're in Laguna Beach.

Thanks again,