Stayed in November and have been meaning to write a quick review.
Location is great and Laguna is a great place to visit. I would certainly return to Laguna, but would be equally certain not to stay here again.
The staff were friendly and the location perfect, but this is an old motel type property that has had a quick makeover with fresh paint and not much else. Walls are paper thin and we could here almost every word our neighbours spoke, plus we were woken late at night by people walking past the room door returning to their own rooms. Not necessarily making a lot of noise, but sound proofing to the outside is non-existent and the large gaps around the doors don’t exactly help.
We were lucky enough to be moved from our initial room before even unpacking and pity anyone that ended up with that room. It was located by one of the pools and adjacent to the loud restaurant next door. To say it was tatty and tired would be a massive understatement, but you have to congratulate the hotel on maintaining the 1960’s refrigerator in the room! We peered through open doorways into several other rooms and this seemed typical of all rooms.
We knew of the valet parking beforehand, but this was still a money grab / rip-off. Maybe it’s needed in the height of summer, but not in November when the hotel is far from capacity. I much prefer parking my own car / keeping the keys in my possession and would prefer to avoid valet parking, but that wasn’t possible. Most days we just grabbed the keys from the valet in the morning and walked to the car ourselves. No need to wait 5 mins for them to get the car when you’ve already walked past it to get to the valet desk!! Not exactly a secure setup either with the key cabinets unlocked even when not attended. We could have very easily driven off in the car of our choosing without any difficulty.
Our flight was early evening and we assumed that we would be ok to leave the car parked for the day and relax around Laguna. Having paid the $20 to park overnight we naturally assumed that we could leave the car at the hotel no problem, but were informed that we would be ok up to midday and thereafter a further $15 would be due! Needless to say we moved on at midday.
You obviously get what you pay for, but I was very disappointed with the hotel and very much wish that we had stayed elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach