“Best steak and lobster in town”

Clearman's North Woods Inn
Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in La Mirada
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I no longer live in CA so anytime if visit I must go to this restaurant. I love the atmosphere and the food is excellent.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 17 June 2016

this places has excellent steaks and baked potatioes red cabbage salad with a vinegaratte and lettues with blue cheese dressing.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Twenty years ago we took our three year old daughter and made a point to show her all the animals in the waiting room. From then on she always wanted to go to the “Snow Place” for dinner. I think having permission to throw the peanut shells on the floor was part of the enchanting nature of this restaurant. North Woods Inn has always be the favorite Go-To place for birthdays or celebrations. Now that the kids are grown the wife and I go to the bar which sometimes has a solo singer or maybe a piano player. The food has never let us down, we are happy to pay for the extra plate and split one diner. When you go, go hungry, bottomless salads and garlic toast. MMM-Good!

2  Thank S_Ryder-59
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Saturday before Mother's Day about 4PM. The pleasant surprise was that the parking lot wasn't full. We walked in and were seated immediately; party of 3. We were greeted right away by Enrique who brought us our drinks, and took our order. We all three ordered the Filet Mignon Supreme, medium rare, with cheese toast, and baked potato with cheesey butter. We're a family-yes-and we like the same stuff, okay?! We ordered various soft drinks and waters around. Enrique made our experience lovely. Not only was he kind and friendly he was efficient without being obtrusive, keeping us supplied with our salads, toast, and keeping our drinks filled. Our food quality was excellent. Because I can't get enough cheesy butter in my potato, I could have used more, but I didn't ask for it. If I had, I'm sure Enrique would have made that happen without batting an eyelash or letting me know that he thought me a cheesy butter glutton. This is one of my favorite places to eat of all time. The experience is mostly the same at all the locations, however this visit was heavenly and effortless.Highly recommended. By the way, please don't go here if you like your steak cooked like shoe leather.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The restaurant has a winter cabin theme. The hosts are friendly and the service is great! Ask for Nuvia. She is knowledgeable and has an awesome personality! If it's two people eating, I recommend you split the dinner. Plenty of food for 2 people. The steaks are juicy and flavorful. You must try the cabbage salads. Don't forget the breaded shrimp with pina colada dipping sauce. The prices are reasonable for the amount and quality of food that you are served but add drinks and you can easily go over the hundred dollar mark. That being said, it was worth every penny. We had a great time and will visit again.