“Will stay again....”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in La Mesa
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Will stay again....”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great Location. Good Price.I had a great time during my stay, the staff was all smiles all the time. Breakfast choice was limited but its the standard you get at any Days Inn. The rooms were recently renovated and they had new stoves in the rooms. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear K_Shah 29,

staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes

NITIN MODY (GM)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Phoenix, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had stayed at this particular Days Inn before and I had a horrible experience but without having any choice I crossed my fingers and booked my room again.
OUTCOME, it was WORTH giving a second try. The Management has changed and apparently, late last year the Motel was taken over by new owners who have completely remodeled the Motel with Brand new Rooms, improved Customer base and new staff. The Rooms had a separate living room and new clean bathrooms. It is awesome if you are staying for an extended period of time. I have to say the management was very friendly and worked out of their way to accommodate their customers. The staff members who work the reception area were very polite every time I had gone to ask a question regarding the area or restaurants nearby. I also noticed that they were not entertaining any weird customers on property and the management had a constant eye out looking for customers who go out of control making noise as it was a Friday night i stayed. The Manager on duty was extremely welcoming and helped me with everything he could in terms of giving Area Maps and printing directions or boarding passes from his office for my flight.
Overall, This time my experience was simple fantastic and I have made up my mind that this is the place i will be staying at every time I visit my neice at San Diego State University. BTW it is only 1.5 mile from SDSU and 15 minutes from Downtown. I definitely recommend this everyone visiting San Diego and looking for affordable options for a couple night family stay.

Room Tip: Affordable price for this excellent BIG Room. Newly Remodeled and has a separate living room and bed...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alev A
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I honestly did not know what to expect but I did not expect much. I was completely surprised. It was clean, motel. The staff is wonderful. Their “free” breakfast is excellent. They had wonderful smiles on their faces all the time, even during the weekend madness. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeepers were very accommodating. The bathrooms were clean, shiny, and stocked with towels. The beds were comfortable and clean. What can you possibly ask for more than that? Nevertheless, here is another one for you: They have pool and the price is very much affordable (having paid much more for worse places in the area). Their rooms were recently remodeled and they also had free wifi.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gil_DSantos
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, Manager at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear Gil_DSantos,

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We checked in and they said if there was any sign of smoking in our room we would be charged 250 dollars, the room they gave us reaked of cigarette smoke (we are not smokers) so we asked to be moved. they moved us, we were next to a room where there were about 10 people having a party, and smoking pot (also not ok with me). When we moved our stuff into our room we noticed that the tvs had no remotes and the blow dryer wasn't there, either because they were stolen, or because they were afraid they would get stolen. The bath tub was disgusting, and there were cigarette ashes on the bathroon counter. We started packing up our stuff back in to the car to go ask for our money back (which took over an hour)and find another hotel and the cops were there. NOT A GOOD PLACE TO STAY! please don't stay here no matter the price, I fear for your safety, it really is a bad hotel. you couldn't pay me money to stay there.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE, you will really regret it I promise.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
DaysInnLaMesaLaMesa, Owner at Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Jolynn D,

I'm concerned about the experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

NITIN MODY (GM).

Travellers are raving about these La Mesa hotels

Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We cancelled our reservation and left after checking our room. We had reserved for 3 people and they gave us one king. bed. We were then transferred to another room that was not clean, smelled slightly and had windows that opened two inches "for safety reasons." Wello, it's not in the best area. The swimming pool is a large bathtub. If you plan to do some cooking here bring pans and utensils. We've been in other Days Inns that were very nice.The price, though, is low.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank boho774
Dear Guest,

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

NITIN MODY (GM).
16.2 km away
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
Days Inn and Suites Sea World
#230 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Days Inn & Suites San Diego SDSU? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK