“Great La Jolla Deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Edmonton, Canada
“Great La Jolla Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is one of La Jolla's best deals. We can pretty much echo everything that the other reviewers have said about this property. All our basic needs were more than adequately met. It is well-maintained and close to the beaches, restaurants, and shopping; very affordable rates, free wi-fi, free parking and very pleasant staff pretty much rounds out the great value we got from our stay at this place. Add to that the extras of fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. We really could not ask for more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank gvwatts .
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Kelowna, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed for three days while we were visiting the La Jolla area. We chose it because it got good reviews and was within our budget. The room was older and not very big but it had everything we wanted. A comfortable king bed, TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker with decent coffee and a very small bathroom with a large walk in shower - no tub. The room was very clean and the pool was heated - a very nice bonus. There was no inside sitting area for breakfast, but we enjoyed eating on the benches outside and in the pool area. Breakfast was basic but reasonably fresh, consisting of cereal, bagels, muffins, pastries, apples and oranges, juice, tea, and coffee. The hotel provided a 25% off coupon to the Mexican restaurant across the street - nice! We were a short walk from the beach (two short blocks and a wonderful place to watch the sunset!) and the neighbourhood is lovely and quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisKelowna_BC
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here while our son was being treated for a head injury at Scripps over Christmas. The rooms are spotless, beds comfy and the fridge and microwave a big plus.There are even laundry facilities. I can't quite say why, but there was a slightly European vibe about the place. Maybe its the white with blue trim exterior, bright flowers and professional, efficient staff.The fact that the motel is not an over built, new monster-hotel was comforting. A beautiful beach is two short blocks away and a fun Mexican restaurant across the street. I hope to return, just skip the hospital visits.

Room Tip: upstairs toward back is quieter
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shauna M
Aguanga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recently stayed at the La Jolla Travelodge in La Jolla California while my husband had surgery at the San Diego VA Hospital in La Jolla. I recieved ecellent personal service during my stay of 11 days. My room was always clean when I returned no matter what time of day. I did have problems parking my Toyota Tundra but they made special arrangements for me so that obstacle was resolved. I could have easlity walked to the beach if I would have had the time but enjoyed seeing the Ocean on my trip to and from the hospital. La Jolla is a very nice place to visit. The front desk assisted me in finding places I needed to go to during my stay. The beds are very comfortable with great pillows and enough towels to keep me very happy! I used the frig & microwave every day since Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner were spent with my husband in his hospital room.. Resturants with take out are very conveniently located.. Enjoy! Linda G

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sunrise or sunset view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
cardiff, wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

No doubt the Traveldoge is a bit of a mixed bag and you need to be sure that the basic motel set up works for you. If not then there are more traditional hotels in La Jolla which will take your money (and some). But for basic and clean accommodation in a brilliant location we think this place is hard to beat.
We made sure we had a room upstairs (all rooms are open to the elements) and just used it for a place to sleep; there is plenty to do within walking distance (20 mins into La Jolla; 25 to La Jolla centre), or why not pop across the road for happy hour in the Mexican restaurant?
The bed was fine and the TV worked. The bathroom is small and the shower just about OK so don't try and share it. Reception staff were lovely and didn't bat an eye when the Brits kept asking for milk to put in our cups of tea.
Overall, with the right room at the right price this place works well for those of us not travelling with deep pockets.

Room Tip: Upstairs - there are ones at the back which are away from the main car park and may be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple