“Location location location!”

La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 13 April 2012

What a great find on a great hotel. Big room, great view, great price! easy walking to everything. NICE STAFF. Really very happy to find this place I WILL return, I WILL tell my friends. The more spendy fancy digs are behind us for the most part,and must walk up and down a hill to get to the beach, not us we are off the main street on the quiet park.easy parking too. Older? yes but who cares when you have a million dollar location :) Happy girl

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank CuttingLooseAgain
ljcskmv, Guest Relations Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Cutting Loose Again,

We were so happy to read your enthusiastic review of our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to mention our “NICE STAFF” and beautiful location and also for spreading the word to your friends and family we are so pleased that your stay with us was so memorable! We are looking forward to your next visit to La Jolla Cove Suites!

Kimburley VanHaaster
1155 Coast Blvd.
La Jolla, California 92037
Phone: 858-459-2621
Fax: 858-551-3405

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is an older hotel but it is well ran and clean. The staff is friendly and available. I particularly liked that I could park my own car and didn't have to use a bellhop. The location is great with fantastic views and restaurants nearby. The building is constructed of block so noise from other guests is minimal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank DGBZ
Bianca H, Shift Supervisor at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

The staff here at La Jolla Cove Suites would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. For every guest that stays at our hotel we put forth our best effort to make their stay as wonderful and pleasant as possible. Yes, our location is great with being a short walk away from the downtown La Jolla area and over 40 different restaurants and shopping boutiques as well as being directly in front of the beautiful La Jolla Cove. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I had an ocean view room with balcony on March 31, 2012 for well under $175. The view is remarkable and the location is superb. I doubt there is a better-located ocean view hotel in the area for this price.

The main building was probably built in the 1950's and reflects the smaller bathrooms of that era. The place is very well maintained: recent paint in the stairwells; updated bedspreads, lighting fixtures and furniture. The tiny kitchen was nicely outfitted. The entire property was clean.

What we liked:
+ staff was polite and professional.
+ they allowed us to keep our car onsite for several hours after we checked out (reasonable, considering the $15 daily parking fee). We appreciated this because the La Jolla Concours 'd Elegance, happening in the park across the street, tied up a lot of the area's parking.
+ breakfast included made-to-order waffles.
+ fresh cookies at check in.
+ space heater kept room toasty.

Minor drawback:
+ bed could have been more comfortable, but was not bad.

Room Tip: Only selected buildings have wi-fi. A set of well-lighted, public stairs alongside the property is...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HvLuggageWillTrvl
Bianca H, Shift Supervisor at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

On behalf of everyone here at La Jolla Cove Suites, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. It was an honor having you here and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our made-to-order waffles which is a new item added to our daily complimentary continental breakfast. We are delighted to hear that our goal of providing exemplary 5 Star Customer Service to our guests was met. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Can't beat the location -- right across from one of the most spectacular waterfronts in the world!! Seals are on the beach and you can walk up pretty close to them. Make sure you take a walk to the Cave Shop and take the dirt path up hill -- awesome! First I was by myself in a tiny hotel room - adequate except TV reception was bad and there was no heat. They gave me a space heater that blew a fuse. Again, location, location, location. Then my business associate came and we moved to a 2 bedroom suite with two balconies (and while we didn't spend the extra money for ocean view, we could actually see the ocean from the balconies). Adequate enough, however, no TVs in bedrooms (but reception was ok in living room). Again, unable to regulate the room temp -- this time it was very hot -- we just opened the balcony door. Breakfast is included, and it was quite a treat on the rooftop overlooking La Jolla Cove. I didn't feel we missed out by not having a waterfront unit -- we just sat on the rooftop patio in the evening. Out of the many places I have stayed in the San Diego area, this has instantly become my favorite. There is plenty of over night free street parking, however, parking is impossible during the day into early evening. Friendliest staff I have come across in a long time. And it was surprising affordable this time of year.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the "main building".
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Sheli L
ljcskmv, Guest Relations Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Sheli L,

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that from our hotel you were able to enjoy the beauty and wonders La Jolla Cove has to offer. We appreciate the feedback regarding your room accommodations we are always happy to hear ways in which we can improve the quality of our guests experience.

Again thank you for choosing La Jolla Cove Suites and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kimburley VanHaaster
1155 Coast Blvd.
La Jolla, California 92037
Phone: 858-459-2621
Fax: 858-551-3405

Reviewed 5 March 2012

This Hotel is getting a bad rap on these reviews!
I booked the La Jolla Cove Suites and as I was reading these reviews I thought I made a mistake in choosing this hotel. Once I get there some of these reviews do not do this hotel any justice.
The views from the balcony are fantastic. Yes you hear the seals at night barking, but that is not this hotels issue to solve. You are right on the beach you need to expect mother nature from the ocean.
The room was very spacious with a living room and bedroom combination. The bathroom is small, but we didn't plan on staying in the bathroom for the weekend.
This is a older hotel, but they are making updates to keep this hotel modern. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel it is not, but a 3.5 star it is and we had a great weekend at La Jolla Cove Suites.
This will be the first time I have ever written a review of any hotel I have stayed in and I usually try to read these to find a hotel wear ever I stay, but once I got to this hotel I knew I needed to write to let you know this was a very good hotel for us last weekend!
We wil return again and again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hockey2710
ljcskmv, Guest Relations Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Hockey 2710,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very first Trip Advisor review and we are honored that you chose our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your kind and thoughtful comments. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 286 in San Diego

Been to La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK