Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Welcoming ambiance, great stage and performances

It's not just a playhouse, the entire campus environment had outdoor fire pits, live musicians... read more

Reviewed 1 January 2019
Rich G
Acton, Massachusetts
Great Campus

This campus has been the birthplace of many Broadway shows and did not disappoint. We were given a... read more

Reviewed 20 July 2018

from US$ 60.00
from US$ 79.00
from US$ 94.00
More Info
All reviews jersey boys broadway quality center aisle broadway hits stage performance theatre tickets audience birthplace campus performers usher uc arts
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I don't think there is a bad seat in the house! It was a perfect evening. The sets were incredible, the costumes were on point and the performers were.... AMAZING! What a wonderful production - hopefully it will move onto Broadway. The seats were well worth the price $170 for 2 tickets 2nd row to the left of the stage. They even held a Disco party after the show. 10 Stars!!!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

There’s a reason why some blockbuster Broadway hits start out here: audiences appreciate and respect the art of live theater and the productions here are always excellent. Even for me, this theater is worth the drive from Los Angeles! I always leave with a smile on my face. Go support live theater and especially this great company and venue.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. Not a bad seat in the house. I’ve had season seats for over 10
years now. Prices have gone up over the years, but it’s still a great value. I saw the very first Jersey Boys, Memphis, Come From Away, etc.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I am a season ticket holder and love the plays I've seen-edgy, well presented, and entertaining. This is theater at its best!
Easy parking. Low-key feel.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Jimmy Buffett brought me to La Jolla/San Diego back in June & the venue was great. The sight-lines in this theater were great. I purchased seats 1 & 2 in the second row & worried about how big of a portion of the stage would we miss out on. Luckily it wasn't much. The show was great, all the staff were friendly & helpful. There was a disturbance in our row early on in the first act. They staff dealt with the matter accordingly and without disturbing those of us affected by it.
We attended the Sunday evening performance and were pleasantly surprised to find parking was free! I will certainly keep my eye on future shows at the La Jolla Playhouse.

Date of experience: June 2017