“Hidden Restaurant Worth The Find”
Review of The Hake - CLOSED

The Hake
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ivanhoe
Description: Happy Hour Every Day From 4 - 7 pm The Hake offers a seafood-focused menu with global touches, plus signature cocktails
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'm a La Jolla local, and it took me way too long to discover the Hake. Food is delicious, and the views from the windows are amazing. Love the mexican flare to the dishes. I ate at their other restaurant in Mexico City and really saw the similarities. The Hake is a great place to go for special occasions...or just a drink with a great view.

1  Thank nateregehr

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Yesterday, we joined a few friends for an enjoyable evening in La Jolla. We were discussing the best restaurant choices for the evening and ended up choosing the Hake.
It is in a great location on Prospect Street amongst the Restaurants Row in La Jolla.
The Hake is a Great Restaurant and Bar with stunning views of the La Jolla Cove! It stands out despite all of the stiff competition of the adjacent restaurants.

We enjoyed The food-especially the tuna tostadas! But our favorite part was enjoying a few cocktails at the bar! The service was wonderful. Cole, the bartender was extremely knowledgeable and service oriented. This is a Must to visit and share one of their signature cocktails while and La Jolla.

Enjoy!!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We met some friends for an after happy hour light bite from a neighboring restaurant. We were a bit worried because there were very few diners on a Friday evening. It’s a beautiful setting but we couldn’t enjoy much of the view even though we were windowside as it was evening.
My wife and I being from the Bay Area are accustomed to having “tapas portions “, but this was ridiculous. I had to laugh at the minuscule size of my friends hamachi plate. My Korean tacos were delicious and were a source of “taco envy”.
My wife’s ahi carnitas didn’t really do a whole lot for anyone. Why take a beautiful piece of fish and dessicate it to make “carnitas”?
On the other hand, the wine list is beautiful and we had a super delicious Sicilian cerasuola that went well with everything and didn’t break the bank.
One other word of advice: please fix your web site: we weren’t able to see your menus on it.
Overall, I would recommend coming here when it’s light as the views have to be spectacular given it’s location. Be prepared to have a few plates per person or you’ll wind up hungry.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

There were very few customers being a November evening but one could sense this was a classy place. The main dining hall was spacious and the window overlooking the ocean provided a relaxing setting. The waiter and manager were very attentive. The dishes were meticulously prepared and all of us enjoyed our orders. I had a Spanish grilled octopus as the main dish and found it delicious. Would certainly go back again if there is an opportunity.

1  Thank Abid F
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The Hake is the example others should follow for a night out! Amazing food, the best bar out there and the service was impeccable! We will be returning to The Hake again and again.

1  Thank Karen C