I have got to say that this property has been the best, by far, in all aspects of planning and executing a week long sales meeting. Having been doing this type of work for several years, I can honestly say that this has been the best meeting experience from both a planner & attendee perspective!
I had begun the planning process in October of 2011 and from the first contact with Audra at the Grande Colonial I was certain this was the best property for our sales meeting. I did look at 5 other properties in the area and after all was said & done, the GC rated top in all aspects of the research - and that was just the beginning! It was as easy to communicate with Audra after the contract was signed as before while we were in the decision process and she was there every step of the way. The stellar service and attention to detail extends to Cameron, the Banquet & Catering Manager, as well. Her focus and keen sense of what fits best with a group resulted in excellent catering offerings that the group truly enjoyed Monday through Friday (not easy to do when most hotels have limited offerings and/or menu flexibility). And the food - oh the food! It was wonderful! All catering was done through the on site top rated hotel restaurant, Nine-Ten. There is not a "rubber chicken" meal coming out of that kitchen! The meeting room service was top notch all week. Actually, every person who is a member of the Grande Colonial team is top notch and it shows. The friendly, helpful professionalism that each staff member exudes is a refreshing change from the norm of "ok but not great" service.
The hotel is perfectly situated, right up the street from the beautiful La Jolla coastline (less than a 5 minute walk from the door of my hotel room) and you will be treated to ocean view sunsets from most of the rooms, or street view scenes of the active Prospect Street. Walk out the door of the GC and you will have your pick of any type of cuisine you like (if you are not staying to eat at the fab Nine Ten restaurant). Shopping is amazing too if you are a shopper!
Speaking of the rooms, they are spacious, well appointed and exceptionally clean. The beds are heavenly and it was quiet every night of our stay - not one person mentioned ambient noise (which is unusual in such varied demographic as our group is). So you planners out there - don't hesitate to book this property for your meeting! I guarantee your job will be easier and your attendees will remember your meeting for a long time to come. We are already looking at another program that will fit just perfectly with The Grand Colonial. I personally cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla