Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
I’ll definitely be back

Brian is great. He’s very personable and knowledgeable of the conditions. Safety is high on his... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
jolyndak
via mobile
Best experience ever! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 December 2020
InstaGraham
Portland, Oregon

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2020

I cant recommend Zach's Scuba Shack enough. Brian really goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. Luckily, the day I went I was the only diver so that made my nerves chill a little. It had been a year since my last dive and at no point did I feel like I wasn't prepared. He walked me through everything before the dive so I knew what to expect. When I arrived everything was set up and ready to go. He answered all of my questions and WOW did we see some cool stuff. Sea lions, kelp forest and even got to go into the cave. Hes laid back, knowledgeable, friendly and you end up feeling like you have a friend at the end of the dive. If you are still searching for a company... just stop now and go with Zach Scuba Shack.

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 29 October 2020

Leading up to my first trip back to SD since getting my certification, I did thorough research to pick which dive shop to go with for a tour of La Jolla cove. Most dive shops had at least a handful of negative reviews, but no one seemed to have anything but good things to say about Brian Zach. After spending the day doing a 2 tank dive in La Jolla Cove, it was abundantly clear why.

Brian finds a great balance between being laid back and friendly while also maintaining professionalism and safety standards. He goes the extra mile to ensure that his guests are comfortable and having fun, regardless of their experience level.

As for the dives themselves, they were amazing. For the first we swam out to the left of the cove to the the kelp forests, and for the second we went to the right to the underwater park with the caves, so we got to see everything in the area. On both dives we were greeted by tons of friendly sea lion pups that would playfully swim around us. Brian got tons of great footage that he sent to us afterwards as well, and swimming with the sea lions was nothing short of serene, especially in the cave.

If you are debating between dive shops like I was, I strongly recommend you give Zach's Scuba Shack a try. Brian has really knocked it out of the park with this offering and he deserves all the business that he can handle! I can't wait to dive with him again next time I'm back in SD!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 1 October 2020

I've dove with Zach's Scuba Shack three times now and I highly recommend booking him for a scuba dive in La Jolla. He is a great scuba guide and has always been so helpful, whether it's letting me know I forgot something in my BCD after a dive, helping me with my fins or even offering to carry my weights up the stairs after a dive.

He also has really top quality gear (the best and easiest 7mm wetsuits to get into plus 7mm gloves and booties) which is not always the case on rentals.

I love that we can meet him right at the dive site and he has everything taken care of. He's also great at communicating before the dive and answering my questions.

Did I mention he makes amazing highlight videos for you after the dive?! It's great to have a memory and video of yourself in the water.

Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 17 September 2020

We would most definitely recommend that you book with Zach's Scuba Shack! My 16-year-old son has done 4 dives in La Jolla Cove with Brian and has had excellent experiences every time. Brian is a really knowledgeable guide and is always timely, well-prepared and efficient, and makes the extra effort to ensure his clients have a great experience.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020

I can't say enough great things about Zach's Scuba Shack. I went on the double tank, La Jolla Cove dives yesterday - and it was an amazing time. Everything was so thoughtful and planned out. The dives were led with a lot of purpose, and I've never seen so much or felt so comfortable on a dive before. We were able to see kelp forests, play with sea lions, and swim though sea caves. It was honestly worth every penny.

Date of experience: August 2020