1,220 results
All reviews top floor cusp restaurant floor restaurant free bikes ocean view rooms face the ocean mandatory valet parking minute walk to the beach outdoor bar valet staff floor room san diego fire pit kimpton curios driveway balconies
Reviewed 3 September 2016

This hotel is in a perfect location to the beach, shops and restaurants. Five minute walk. I appreciated the complimentary amenities: beach and bike rentals. We had a great stay and will return for certain!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Karla M, Room Controller at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Sonya B.,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We love that you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait to have you back!

Best,
Karla M.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I have stayed in many Hiltons around the world. Hilton has always been a good experience. Thought I would try this hotel. 36 hours before checking in I received an email requesting me to check in and choose my room. Great. When I got to the hotel I was supposed to mention the email and we would be upgraded as we were Hilton Honor members. When we checked in the man at the front desk acted as if we had never heard of such a thing and that we already had "a nice room". I was too tired to push the point. When making the reservation we requested a late check out as we were checking in around midnight. Again the gentleman acted totally unaware. We were told housekeeping makes those decisions and to call after 8 am. They gave a half hour. I understand the hotel is a business but please, don't offer what you cannot deliver. I haven't even got out of bed yet and feel like we have been treated very inhospitably. My impression is this is the bottom of the Hilton chain.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 September 2016

Dear jancan2345,
Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. I apologize that we fell short and that you did not have an amazing experience. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us at any time, and we look forward to your return to La Jolla in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Room was very good and contemporary décor. Beds are great for a good nights sleep, ocean views from practically all rooms. Staff is generally good, except the housekeeping staff in terms of responsiveness and inquiries for lost or forgotten items in the room and safe. Received a 2 calls saying they will follow up, but the staff obviously doesn't care about our personal items and money left in the room safe, they feel it is finders keepers, even after we filed a report with the hotel, still nothing in terms of a call back or update from the responsible people at the hotel. 1000 Bucks can get you 100000 bucks of bad PR.

On another note, the hotel staff has some sort of crazy cleaning or trash disposal system and some staff deposits bottles and trash in the parking lot in the middle of the night and before dawn, making unusually loud noises without any regard for the guests. The sound of breaking glass at 3 AM and 5:30 AM as well as reverse alarms from delivery trucks, trash trucks, etc is absolutely crazy.

Room Tip: If possible get higher floors, better views of the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ricardo T

Hello Ricardo T.,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear you were able to fully enjoy the gorgeous views of La Jolla from our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with our housekeeping staff. Please reach out to me directly at karla.moreira@hotellajolla.com to further discuss.

Best,
Karla M.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Though it's part of Hilton chain, you feel like you were staying at cozy boutique hotel with personalized services. From valet parking to house cleaning staff to bartender, the services were A-1. You didn't feel like you were staying in large hotel chain, and staffs attitudes didn't come from manual but from the heart.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

The rooms are worn out and not in great condition. The bathroom was dirty and only had a sliding door. The TV was old. The lighting in the room was poor. The advertised ocean view was exaggerated. The fitness center equipment was out dated and not working well. Overall not worth the cost to stay. Service was very good though as all employees were pleasant. Forcing valet parking at $35 per day is a rip off.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Thank Ms. Angela D
Management response:Responded 6 September 2016

Dear Angela D.,
We at Hotel La Jolla appreciate your recent stay and review.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect. We are making great advancements every day to ensure a quality stay for all of our guests and we greatly appreciate valuable feedback such as yours. If your travels bring you back to our area, please let me know so I can assure a true Hotel La Jolla experience for you.

At your service,