“Highly recommend - one of our favorites !”

El Pescador Fish Market
Ranked #6 of 1,244 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious and moderately priced fresh seafood . Seafood is prepared three ways- and good for health conscious ! Delicious fresh vegetables accompany the fish . The food was delectable .

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I only had takeout from El Pescador... 3 different times.... I had the halibut sandwich... so fresh and delicious... avocado makes the sandwich. Others in the family loved the chowder and salads. I already miss the sandwich.... can't wait to return!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stumbled on this place passing it in the past, never knowing it was there because we were so fixated on going to the Taco Shop across the street. Well as LUCK had it. I was starving and the line for the Taco shop was huge so we saw this place... and GLAD we did!

This place is a fish market along with a restaurant. Seafood/fish window displays were beautiful. Everything looked fresh and reasonably priced. You order at the counter and you are given a number for your table for food delivery. We ordered a couple Ballast Point IPA's, a bowl of New England Clam Chowder, Swordfish Tacos, and the Crab Sandwich. The soup and tacos were delicious. The crab sandwich was good, a little too much bread, wished there was more crab.

Great place to stop by for lunch when vacationing and if I lived there I would definitely buy seafood there!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you are expecting full service restaurant you went to wrong place, but if expecting good seafood at inexpensive prices then you have a find. Table space is at a premium, during busy times. If you don’t know what you want just point at the fish in the display case. Try this place.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I had a very disappointing experience at El pescador. First there is no waiter or waitress to help you to choose the right food. I have to walk around and try to figure out what to order. You also has to go to the counter to order the food yourself. I did not enjoy such self service experience at all. It is kind of stressful than relaxing after a whole day of travel.
I had very nice calamari dish in Italy. So I ordered calamari steak. But the “steak” I got is a breaded paper thin “fish” and has no flavor at all with $17 price tag. I will not return to this place.
I had high expectations for the California cuisine. But so far after 2 days and 3 highly rated restaurants I has significantly lowered my expectations.