“Cooking with Jodi far exceeded my expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lajollacooks4u

Lajollacooks4u
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled atop Mt Soledad, in beautiful San Diego, Lajollacooks4u offers a very unique hands-on, gourmet cooking and dining experience. Founded in 2008, Lajollacooks4u has experienced tremendous growth and success with major corporations and guests from all over the world! With our very own indoor and outdoor kitchen, organic vegetable and herb garden and spectacular views, Lajollacooks4u is the perfect venue for corporate team-building, large group cooking demonstrations, special occasions, lunches and dinners and for those who simply love to cook! Lajollacooks4u offers a variety of packages including our one-of-a kind Farmer’s Market and Foodie Tours, Weekend Culinary Adventures and hands-on gourmet cooking classes. All our classes are customizes for each group and include a fabulous sit-down gourmet meal, complete with wine pairing. Come see for yourself why Lajollacooks4u has been rated the #1 attraction in La Jolla for over 3 consecutive years!! We specialize in California-influenced cuisine.
Amarillo, Texas, USA
“Cooking with Jodi far exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Cooking with Jodi far exceeded my expectations. She is very professional yet personable and works hard to create her menu around your likes, dislikes, allergies, etc. The view from her home is picturesque and the atmosphere is warm and fun. She is unpretentious and all about teaching you to prepare recipes in your home with ease. The meal we prepared under her guidance was delicious. I highly recommend LaJollacooks4u for anyone from a beginner to a seasoned cook.

Visited January 2012
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you so much Paula, I am so glad our menu selection for your group was a success! You were all so delightful and I had such a wonderful time cooking with you! It is always so heartwarming fro me to share my kitchen with fellow "foodies" who share my same passion for delicious food and cooking! We greatly appreciate your business.
Jodi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Amarillo, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

My girlfriends and I go on an annual girls trip and this year my friend decided we should go to La Jolla , CA so that we can go to a "cooking class". WE were all in because food is a common language any where you go!

We arrived at Jodi's beautiful home (with an amazing view), put on our aprons and started chopping, cooking, tasting, visiting and feeling right at home from the get go. We all love to cook and have done a few cooking classes here and there BUT I would have to say this has been my favorite cooking classes thus far! I learned cooking tips and cooking skills that I can take home and use for years to come.

I would highly recommend going to Lajollacooks4u with your girlfriends, husband, kids or couple friends. Jodi will not disappoint you!

Visited January 2012
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you so much Tina, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed cooking with you all! You visit is still resonating with me. I greatly appreciate you choosing Lajollacooks4u for your girl's weekend activity and hope we have the opportunity to cook together again!
San Diego, California
“Interactive, Memorable and DELICIOUS Cooking Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Jodi and La Jolla Cooks4U. I brought my team from work for an evening that was part holiday celebration and part team building, and our experience exceeded my every expectation. Jodi was a gracious and thoughtful host, delivering on every small detail to make our evening memorable. She is an amazing chef (obviously!), but everything she taught us was approachable, easy to execute, and things that we could all take home to "wow' our husbands, friends or family! In addition to hands-on cooking, we also did several "tastings" of olive oil, different flavored salts and vinegars, and she also taught us some simple knife skills for cutting different vegetables and herbs.

The transition into dinner service was seamless. Each course rolled out in perfect timing with wine pairings, and the team was able to enjoy good conversation while appreciating all the delicious food we had prepared!

Jodi sent us away full and very happy, and with a personalized booklet of recipes so that we could recreate each element of the meal on our own.

For anyone who loves food, a cooking experience with Jodi at La Jolla Cooks is not to be missed. You will leave with great new knowledge and skills... and a new friend as well.

Visited December 2011
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Thank you so much Kelly! Your team was awesome and we had so much fun cooking with you all. When I have such eager groups as Formula P R it validates why I do what I do. Turning folks onto beautiful, delicious, easy to prepare and healthy food. I am so glad your team had a wonderful time. Thank you for choosing Lajollacooks4u for your Holiday Team Building Party. We greatly appreciate your business and wish you and your team a wonderful
Holiday and all the best in 2012! Come see us again soon.
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I'm Still Full with Ideas (and a full stomach)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful day with chef Jodi. We visited the farmer's market in Little Italy (where we bought some of the ingredients for our meal) and then created a lovely meal together. We loved all the cooking tips and ideas she shared with us and were extremely grateful for the recipes of the day's menu, so we can enjoy it again at home. I would highly recommend lajollacooks4u to anyone who loves cooking and wants to have a relaxing day in an absolutely beautiful setting.

Visited December 2011
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you so much Stacey! I so enjoyed spending a lovely day with you and Derra and greatly appreciate your business. I had a wonderful time with you both visiting Little Italy's Farmers Market and then cooking your Farm-to-Table meal! It was such fun! I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Wishing you both a very Happy Holiday season and all the best in the New Year.
Clifton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My husband and I really enjoyed cooking with Jodi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Jodi took us to the little Italy market to get veggies and supplies for our meal. We spent quite a while sampling our way through the market! We then drove back to Jodi's house to cook the meal. It was a beautiful clear day, and we could see all the way to Mexico from her house! We had talked the week before about what kind of food we liked, so Jodi decided upon a Mediterranean meal using local ingredients. For the appetizer, we made shakshouka with pita and zaatar, then a salad of mixed greens, apples, pomegranate seeds in a Parmesan cheese basket. For the main course, we made an herb crusted sea bass with caper vinaigrette served with feta tomato orzo. Then for dessert, we made pears blanched in white wine with a pecan crumble. We ate outside overlooking San Diego and the ocean. It was all very tasty, and we came home with some wonderful recipes. I would recommend this class to anyone wanting to learn how to cook a stunning meal.

Visited November 2011
chefjodi, Owner at Lajollacooks4u, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Thank you so much Jill & Kevin. I had an absolute blast with you at the Farmer's Market! It is always so heartwarming for me to be with fellow "foodies" who share my same passion for food and cooking. You both were wonderful to cook with and I am so glad you enjoyed your experience at LaJollacooks4u! Thank you so much we greatly appreciate your business. Wishing you a wonderful Holiday and all the best in the New Year!