“The store has great stuff, the restaurant is average.”

LA Mirada Continental Deli
Ranked #92 of 162 Restaurants in La Habra
Cuisines: Deli, German
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Went there primarily to load up on some good German sausage. The owner even figured out I spoke German, and immediately switched languages on me. They had a pretty decent selection of things to take home and enjoy.

We had some lunch while there. As I happen to be an exceptional cook, I personally found the semi home made food in the restaurant to be on the mediocre side, but Dad loved it and plans on coming back often. I will eat there again whenever i visit the area, cause I love the shop, and grabbing a quick bite while there is convenient.

Now, we did both have schnitzel, and can not speak for the many other choices. Dad loved the Germany beer.

The service in both the restaurant and the shop were very friendly, and efficient. Nice little family business.

1  Thank LangleyVagabond

Reviewed 15 July 2015

There's more to German food than just Bratwurst and sauerkraut. You've got the deli meats, schnitzel, and ok, different types of sausages. But hey, those all go great with the drink of the German people: BEER!

I ordered the schnitzel, which is a pork, first pounded then breaded, and sautéed into a nice crisp filet. This place serves it with fried potatoes and red cabbage, but I changed the potatoes to a german potato salad, which is made with bacon and onions, and without mayo.

They also offered a dish called Currywurst, which is a sausage like bockwurst or bratwurst covered in a curry flavored ketchup. The last time we had this dish was almost a year ago, in Berlin, and it was served with the fried potatoes. It definitely brought back fond memories of our trip, and it was delicious.

We ended our meal with a German cheesecake, and 2 coffees. After we finished eating, we went next door to the deli, and added lunch meats and pastries to take home.

This place used to be closed on Sundays, and as of July they changed that. That really will make visits easier, as I usually think of this place on weekends. We arrived for a late lunch at 1:00, and there were a few patrons eating. I noticed they expanded the menu since my last visit (about 2 years ago), prices went up a buck or so, and they now offer hot plated meals.

A terrific visit, and I hope I will be back sooner, now that I know they're opened Sundays.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a great little sandwich shop with German-style food. Takes me back to a simpler time. The sitting area is small but very quant. The food is absolutely delicious and the cooks are definitely German!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Outstanding German food and friendly staff. Would recommend to others. Location is good with parking and outside eating available.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I enjoy the sandwiches at Continential Deli. My favorites are egg salad and meatloaf. Don't forget the wonderful potato salad with your lunch. It is delicious with shredded potato. Dine in or to go, quick easy, and convenient. Call ahead to place your order if you are on the go.

1  Thank Brenda G