“Stinky room!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kingsburg
Pacifica, California
“Stinky room!”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Our room smelled like a locker room--really nauseating. We opened the window in spite of the winter weather, which helped some. Finally my husband went down to the front desk to complain, and he was given a spray room deodorizer. This helped a lot, although during the night the sickening smell returned.

Also, the bed was so soft that we both awoke with back aches.

The hotel is right by the railroad tracks, so there is the noise of the trains going past.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
king93, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
January 19th 2012

Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. This truly gives us insight as how to provide only the best in customer service and care to all our guests in the future. I’d like to take a moment to apologize for the uncomfortable and inconvenient problem that occurred when you stayed with us in December. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites, our Staff is highly trained in providing proper attention to all our guests needs.I’m sorry that a clean, fresh room was not immediately arranged for you.

I assure you that we are taking immediate corrective steps to ensure that nothing like this happens again. At Marriott, we are committed to our valued customer. Please believe nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back one day so that we may provide you with a positive Marriott Experience you come to expect.

Should you have any questions or concerns please contact the hotel directly at the number below.
Thank you.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
(559) 897-8840
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I did an online booking for this location. I booked four rooms. They were clear about the guaranteed reservation needing to be cancelled 24 hrs prior. I called three days prior to cancel. Three day lated I looked at my bank statement to see I've been charged for three rooms totaling $300. Confused I called the hotel directly. The young man said "too bad there's no record or confirmation of your cancellation. You owe the money." I explained and he didn't help. I called corporate customer service and asked to speak to a manager in corporate. They could see that I cancelled but only one room was cancelled. Due to MArriott's lack of training the customer service girl never cancelled all the rooms just one! And I was responsible for the rest because there was no proof that I cancelled all the rooms! The front desk person said he could see the same things as the customer service yet he failed to mention he could see the one room cancellation as well. I called the GM and he refused. It was a horrific experience. Services weren't rendered and people didn't know how to do their job. It's as if they make you pay for their mistakes. Finally after getting someone in corporate to put pressure on the GM (Adeep) he was finally willing to credit the $300. I abided by the policies and I got treated horribly. After that was taken care of a week later. I talked to the GM and said up to this point I've had a wonderful experience with marriott. Is there any way you could set me up with a free hotel night at any Marriott due to this? He politely said he can give me 10%. What a cheap beep. Don't go there.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank roadrunner737
king93, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Please understand that we do appreciate all feedback from our guests, be it positive or negative. This way we are able to provide only the best in customer service and care to all our guests in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you, and also apologize for any miscommunication that occurred between you and the hotel. At Marriott, our staff is highly trained in working together to assist every guest with proper attention and professional service.

When encountered with your online reservation issue The Fairfield Inn & Suites did offer a refund for an agreed upon amount, as well as an offer toward a discount for your next stay. We’re sorry again if you feel you were mistreated in anyway. Please believe that nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back someday so that we may provide you with the positive Marriott Experience you have come to expect.
Thank you.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
(559) 897-8840
Bainbridge Island WA
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Nice and clean Fairfield. Very friendly front desk staff with a quick check-in. Rooms are the usual Fairfield -Clean and set up well for one person to work etc. Nice quality linens and comfortable bed.

Nice and clean exercise room.

It is walking distance to a couple of places to eat once you walk around the back and side of a K-Mart and past a large group of feral cats that call the garden center of the K-Mart home.

Other than fast food, there aren't a lot of good dining options in Kingsburg. We found a place downtown called Jonathan's that tried very hard.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 13 September 2011

While traveling near Fresno last month, we needed a place to stay. I called this Fairfield Inn and they had rooms available. The staff person who greeted us when we got there, Sarah, was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and homey. The beds were fantastic -- and I know that is rare for a hotel. The rest of the hotels on our trips had junky mattresses -- I longed for this Inn's beds. The breakfast in the morning was good too -- similar to that at other Marriotts. I know Marriotts vary widely but this one is top-notch. It's great to have a hotel where we will definitely stay again, since we travel to that area fairly often. As far as the noise, we were on the "freeway side" and really, it wasn't a big deal. It did not interfere with my sleep, nor did it wake me up. Great to have this new hotel in this area of the San Joaquin Valley!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Horsens, Denmark
Reviewed 12 August 2011

After checking OUT of the "Quality" Inn this was a wonderful relief. The front of house staff were lovely about our need for a clean, quiet room. We were in our room for about 15 min when we received a call from the front desk. They called to make certain everything was to our expectations & to see if we needed any thing. We deeply appreciated the level of service & attention to detail provided by a chain hotel. There are many guest amenities on site including a laundry room. Based upon our experience at this site we stayed with the same chain in Roswell, N.M.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsburg
8.2 km away
15.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
30.6 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK