All reviews shuttle bus the ground floor hotel guests ski trip locker room snow sports apres ski japanese room easy access speak good english year old son per head isn t breakfast buffet public bath perfect stay coffee machine
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Room was cleaner did not see bugs this time. Buffet breakfast was better. Dinner managed to book charcoal bbq at Tribute which was good. Still snowing in April but slopes were very icy. Appreciate the pool access at Tribute and mountain centre onsen access. Hope it remains the same next season as will stay again early Dec. They stopped the music in the corridors which is helpful as doors are not sound proof. Suggest to put some signs in the corridor for guests to be quiet in consideration of others, as spent 1 night listening to a mom yelling to her kids in the hallway constantly. Staff are still mostly trainees but this stay was better than last Dec.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Can't believe this is a Category 5 hotel with 5 stars charges. Rooms were small and under par. Few good and few bad restaurants but not cheap. This is pretty much a self-serve hotel. Service was bad at one restaurant when they turned us down to hold severing food because we haven't finish our previous dishes. Anyway, this hotel is over rated and should be charged as a Cat 3 hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank PeterWMC
Kirorohotels, Manager at Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear PeterWMC,

Greetings from Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort and thank you for your time spent on the review.

We have gone through your comments and would like to explain to you that the properties have different room types available ranging from 23 - 96 sqm. Out of 140 rooms, there are only 16 rooms which are 23 sqm. in size due to the location of the higher floor with the special triangular roof. The guests are recommended to book a higher category room in case the space is the major concerned.

On the separate note the category of the hotel is decided by the full year average daily rate of which Spg Category 5 is not self appointed.

Please feel free to share your particular comments of the restaurants and the experience which you have compared us to so that we can have a better understanding of the customer expectations for our future products and services improvement.

Again thank you for your time sharing the feedback. We wish you great weekends.

The Kiroro Team

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We have stayed at the Sheraton Kiroro now four times. We find it to be good value if you are a SPG member and are traveling to Hokkaido during peak season (for us it is during the Lunar New Year holidays.)

Pros:
--Ski-in and Ski-out
--Free Lockers in the basement of the hotel
--Easy Access to the Tribute which is bigger, more kid-friendly and has more restaurant selections

Cons:
--Rooms are small (As an SPG Member, we are actually agnostic about the Sheraton or the Tribute, however, despite the larger rooms at the Tribute, with 2 young kids, we choose to stay at the Sheraton for the convenience).
--Restaurant selection is limited. (Again, we are aware of this shortcoming so we just dine at the Tribute. For breakfast, the buffet suffices. For lunch, we are usually just grabbing a quick bit to eat anyway, in between morning and afternoon ski sessions.)

I'd say that you should go to the Sheraton with managed expectations. To get the most out of the resort, you should also consider the amenities at the Tribute. (There is a free shuttle bus between the 2 properties that run every 10-15 minutes.)

My family has been going since 2016 and just recently returned from a trip in Feb 2018.

Room tip: Try to get the Mountain Side/King rooms are more spacious
3  Thank HakodateDreaming
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I could not believe such a resort is in Japan, even run by a Tailand group. My family have been in Japn serval times and just have stayed in Rusutsu Westin for 6d/5n. We moved to Kiroro two days before and gonna leave the day after tomorrow. But I have to say that this resort is the worst one in Japan even in the world.

Staff: When we were waiting for checking at 1pm, the staff told me my room is ready. I noticed that it's a king bed room but my reservation was 2 single bed room so I asked for a change. After struggling with the staves and got the confirmation of their manager, finally they agree to split the king bed to two single bed for me. I accepted that and got the promise that my room would be ready in half an hour. So we waited there and have our lunch which was bad one either. After one hour which was 2pm, we finished lunch and back to check the room status. Fron desk told me their regular check in time is 3pm so I could not check in now. Alright, your hotel your rules. We kept waiting to 3pm and got the key for room. What's shock me was it was still a fxxking bed room!!! So we wasted 2 hours to wait for a same room when we arrived. Then we spent another 1 hour to argue and split my bed to two. It's done by 4pm. What a service! In dinner buffet, another staff did not agree my daughter was just 12yr and kept stupid laughing, even after I show this guy the passport. So your guest is coming to make fun of your idoit? What a professional staff!

Food: You can not believe it's a resort just 45 mins away from Otaru, which is the best delicious food city in Hokkaido. All the materials in the resort resturants were not fresh, salamon, temporo, crab, even fruit. And all of them are over priced compared to the Rusutsu Westin. The food in ski area is acceptable due to they are runing group business but not hotel customer.

Ski: 1/3 of Rusutsu so you could run all the trails by just half day. Snow fall is not good as Rusutsu even Niseiko and wind is too strong in the afternoon.

What can I say? Just away from this resort or you just wanna have a ski day trip.

Room tip: Never come
1  Thank Michael W
Kirorohotels, Manager at Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Michael W,

Greetings from Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort and thank you for your time providing us the feedback over TripAdvisor. As per your above frustration, we were trying to locate your booking for further investigation however we cannot locate your booking as the registered name maybe of the different name. Please feel free to direct your feedback to us at sheraton.kiroro@Sheratonkiroro.com should you allow us to conduct further investigation to your situation.

Kiroro Team

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I am really really disgusted and upset after staying at the Sheraton Kiroro. Checked into the Sheraton Kiroro around 11:30 pm at night after a long and arduous. Check in took longer than usual as I asked for a late check out and they couldn't seem to offer one as the Hotel was in peak season. At that point I just asked for the key card as I was tired and needed to get some sleep before hitting the slopes in the morning.
When I got to the room they door was ajar and was held open by the lock. I knocked on the door and opened it and no was in there. Strange I thought to myself. In addition when I went to use the bathroom, the clothes line was fully extended in the bathtub. I assume the maid forgot to retract the clothes line hanger. I spent about the next 30 minutes unpacking snowboarding gear and when I went finally went to sleep, I noticed the pillow on the left side had a stain and was dirty. I then pulled the duvet open there was something suspicious about the bed. To my surprise there was a dead bug near the pillow and 4 pieces of small hairs on the left side of the bed. I assume these were (private part) hairs due to the position of the hairs on the bed and size. By this time It was almost 12:30 am and was too tired to complain. I immediately sent an email to guest services to complain and got a reply the next day apologizinging for the dirty sheets. Guest services offered me a complimentary onsen coupon for my troubles.
Im not sure if I checked into a room that was just finished being cleaned or was being rushed to be cleaned. However as SPG Platinum member and any guest checking into any hotel, dirty bedsheets are NOT acceptable by any standard. Including a complimentary onset coupon is a slap in the face and just not acceptable at all. This is outright upsetting and rates as one of the worse experiences I have ever had as a SPG member.

Room tip: Dirty Bedsheets - Hotel didn't change. Please check yours!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Keng O
Kirorohotels, Manager at Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Keng O,

Thank you very much for your continuous stay at Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Hotel. As you certainly remember our Guest Experience Executive and front office associate have spoken to you on this occasion and also at your previous stay with us.

We are sorry that we cannot keep up to your expectation regardless of we are always doing our best to make all guests happy. As per your last communication before arrival, you have been expected to arrive on the next day due to the flight, the room you checked in was clean but not inspected for final approval for guest to check in. After your feedback we have inspected the room but could not locate substances as per your comments. Instead, we found the minor stain resulted from flat ironing process.

Nevertheless we are sorry for this inconveniences and will make certain no guests are checked in in any room before final check.

Your sincerely,