All reviewsotres beachsuper chillgreat place to chillamazing atmospherestayed two nightsother placesaaronvibedormcambodiaguesthousekittensbackpackerspadlockexpatskhmer
Reviewed 31 March 2012

A friend and I were the first online bookers of this amazing guesthouse. We booked a room for new years eve and the day after in the beginning of november, when this place was not more than some wood lying in the sand. But these guys handled it to build an awsome place to stay in 13 weeks.
I will never forget when we arrived there but I need to go a little bit back.
We landed in Phnom Phen and there were many guys who wanted us to take their taxi for a ride to sihanoukville for 100 US Dollars because they said there will be no more buses going to sihanoukville. After the bus company confirmed us, that there is no more bus we tried to find another travel agency. But the taxi driver was shortly calling the other agency everytime before we arrived there and telling them to say to us that there are no more busses going. After we recognized that, we went to one of the travel agency on our own and hurray! there was a bus...
Arriving in sihanoukville it was the totally chaos, the king was in town and thousands of people were there for celebrating new years eve.
Got screwed, tired, stressed. welcome to cambodia.
But then we arrived at "wish you were here, Otres Beach". We were late but Johnny welcomed us with the words: No worries! and showed us the room. We had our first (but not last) beer and finally arrived in cambodia like I want to remember.
The place is not a 5 Star Hilton, but that wasn't what we were looking for and these guys are so amazing friendly and helpfull. They trusted us by open a tab, we even added a night more. It was like family. Finally the holiday started!
On our trip further in Laos we met a girl we recomended this place because she wanted to visit sihanoukville and she doesn't regret it.

Thanks Aaron and Johnny, if we ever will be in sihanoukville again you will see us :)
Dirk and Dirk

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
WishCambodia, Owner at Wish You Were Here... Guesthouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for the amazing times and compliments, we will never forget our first online bookers!!! It was great to meet both of you, you definitely are part of the Wish family and i'm sure our paths will cross again in the future. All the best in your coming adventures and it would be great to see you both again for a drink or two!!
Safe travels guys!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed there over Christmas 2011. Best hostel I have stayed in on my travels. Not only is the place well set out but it is the staff that make the place worth the stay. The boys who run this chilled out joint know how to look after their customers. They regulary went out of their way for me and my friend and I cannot wait to go back and have a beer with the boys in the bar. Top place!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

It was great to meet you Marcus! We're glad you had a ball mate and hope to see you again for a few more beers!!! Cheers, Az & Johnny

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at Wish you were here over the christmas & new year 2011/2012. The owners Aaron & Johnny couldn't have been more helpful, constantly working and making sure everyone was looked after. The beds were nice and comfy and you had everything you need to enjoy everything that otres beach has to offer. all in all great atmosphere great owners and just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I heard about Wish You Were Here before it opened and planned to stay at it for a long time before, and when I arrived I was not disappointed. It was exactly the atmosphere I was looking for in accomodation, firstly, the location on the beautiful Otres Beach is like no other, a paradise still a secret gem untoiuched by the loud, tourist effect spreading through many beaches of South East Asia. The owners and general staff were the best staff I encountered throughout my whole 3 month trip in Asia, always willing to help you, even when they were rushed off their fit, not only that, I made a new family at Wish You Were Here, and it felt as if when every set of new guests arrived they were welcomed into the little family spirit that they created. I had my christmas and my birthday at Wish You Were Here and it was more than I could have hoped for, I had the best festive season ever. I stayed at Wish You Were for almost a month, despite trying to leave to other places on several occasiosns, me and my friends couldnt bring ourselves to leave such a beautiful place and such wonderful people. The food only just started to get off the ground when we were there but it was superb and definitely had the edge compared to alot of the similar style menus in Sihanoukville.I stayed in the dorms for almost 4 weeks and found them really comfortable, affordable and safe, you have your all trunk style locker for stuff but alot of time I left my things unlocked or on my bed, kind of gives an idea of the safe, trusting atmosphere at this place. I still think about Wish You Were Here all the time and know I will visit these guys again, staying here is an amazing experience that everyone should try :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank HulaEmilia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Wish You Where Here has only been open since late December 2011 and I have already been there twice! My first stay was 3 days after they opened, and my first impression was, true hospitality. I have stayed in all their types of accommodations, the dorms are really good, you get your own box so you can lock your stuff in it and I slept like a baby every night, and the dorms are cheap. The bungalows are really cosy, it is a stereotypically bungalow, people nowadays can call pretty much everything a bungalow even if it's not even close, but these ones are real bungalows. The place is located close to the best beach in sihanoukville, you can through a rock from the lounge/bar into the ocean. The lounge/bar is the best, you can really relax in the most comfortable sofas and swingchairs, also the food is very tasty, from the fried rice to the beef burger. All together I stayed at Wish You Where Here for almost 4 weeks.

The second time I was there I brought my girlfriend, and she has now also found here little paradise.

• Stayed: December 2011