“Great nature get away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kernville
Falling Waters River Resort
Los Angeles, California
“Great nature get away”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My parents have been staying at the Falling Waters for years.My parents love river fishing and this is the place to do it! For fathers day, my husband and I decided to accompany my parents to Kern for a fishing weekend. It was a lot of fun. I took my dog with me and she was so very welcomed. There are certain rooms designated for pets to stay in. Once we arrived, our room was prepared with a dog bed, blanket, bowls and treats. It was a pleasure being so welcomed. I especially love this place because its like camping without the tent and heat. I loved this place so much that I convinced my sisters and their families to go there the following weekend. It was a great family experience! The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with any requests. The village is a 5 minute drive away with cute little shops and restaurants. I will definitely go back and recommend this place to anyone in need for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mardirossian
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Walteria, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My mom. sister and myself stayed 2 nights and the Falling Waters RR, formerly the Lazy River Lodge. We had many fond memories of the place.
They have remodeled the rooms and gave them each a theme. We stayed in the Nile. It was 107 this particular weekend and the AC was having a difficult time keep the room cool but the owner came immediatly and brought in a back-up unit and an extra fan which was greatly appreciated. The place is rustic but sits close to the beatiful Kern River. We were comfortable and the staff was freindly and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Pippylu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We spent a few lovely days at the Falling Waters River resort on our Californian travels.
Our room ,no 27, was at the end of the litle avenue of semi detached cabins. Our cabin had a lovely victorian bedroom theme, with a four poster bed, and net drapes. a great deal of thought has gone into creating the theme, witrh lovely touches,eg pot pourri, sweets, chaise longue. The victorian ornaments and memorabilia is fascinating to look at, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The cabin is spotlessy clean, full a/c and ceiling fan, and well maintained, with 4 electric rings/microwave/coffee maker/fridge/toaster and full kitchen utensils(including BBQ stuff). The staff (Diane & Billie) were very helpful, and Billie even gave us some mozy spray for the evening on our arrival, in case we needed it.
Our cabin had its own BBQ and seating area, and we loved bbq'ing in the evenings.
We enjoyed watching the white water rafters go past whilst we sat on the riverside .

All in all, lovely peaceful accommodation, nice setting, and only a couple of miles from the delightful town of Kernville. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Onyx
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Beautiful theme rooms and very clean. The staff all were very helpful and wonderfully caring. I would diffantly recommend to any friends and family that wants a beautiful and peaceful place to enjoy the Kern River Valley.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We arrived at night only to wake up, walk outside and wonder where the heck we were. There were plastic flowers in some areas, old buses and old vehicles parked on the property. The kids' play area was dirty, run down and had some type of old equipment stored next to it. I would only let my child play there if I wanted them to be bit by a Black Widow spider.
We were hoping to relax by the pool only to find algae growing at the bottom and the "veranda" was being used as storage. There were some type of rock formations throughout the property that reminded me of the movie Pet Semetary.
The doors did not have an inside safety latch, so if the staff wanted to open your room in the middle of the night, they could have walked right in.
There were ants in the rooms. I woke in the middle of the night and found an ant crawling on my daughter's face.
There were no towels or paper towels in the kitchen area and the sponge had been used and dirty. Toilets clogged. Just dirty in general.
Positives: We had a great time at the river and it was very close to the river. The lady at the front desk was very nice.
If I were being charged $50 to stay here, I would not have complained. Paying more than $100 is waaaay too much to stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family