“Definitely !”

Vineyards Inn
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 37
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Original, organic and orgasmic have been used to describe this local's wine country hidden gem. You have to experience what they offer. Open every day except Tuesdays service from 11:30 a.m. straight through until 9 p.m. Very authentic flavors of Spain considering the Chef/owner is Spanish Basque. You should really attend his Chef's Basque dinner on the second Thursday of every month! Family style the way the Basque restaurants of San Francisco of yesteryear used to serve. 7 courses brought to the table in tureens & platters for all to share. Much from the Chef's organic gardens nearby. Treasures from local farmers, ranchers & fisherpeople. Chef Esteban prepares & presents each course. $45 per person including Chef's homemade wines crafted from his certified organic grapes! Limited seating so reservations are a must!
Palo Alto
“Definitely !”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I live in Palo Alto and get to the wine country about once a month. I never miss a chance to stop in. I've had different experiences which is what I love about the place. Once I was on my own and stopped in for a casual drink and to take in the niners game which was really fun to watch at the bar with the locals.

Another time I was with a date and it was perfectly romantic. Fire place going, view of the vineyards, delicious food....

The Basque influence comes from the owners. They keep the menu interesting and seasonally fresh ( right from the organic garden out back fresh!)

A great find.!

• Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Terre Haute
“very good meal”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stopped in for dinner as I passed through the area. The semi outside dining area is kind of like an indoor vineyard. not real fancy or anything, but the people were very nice and I was very satisfied with my meal. I can't remember the name of my entree, it was an all vegetable meal.

Visited September 2011
San Jose, California
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our group of 6 had reservations for the special NYE dinner, however the restaurant had overbooked, and we were turned away.

When we arrived, the hostess verified our reservation. We were shown to the dining room and told to sit wherever we liked. Unfortunately, the guests already there had spread out and we couldn't find any seats together. We asked the hostess for help and just got a deer-in-the-headlights look from her, so we asked to speak to the manager. Rather than trying to find a solution, the manager acted as though we were being unreasonable in wanting to sit together - telling us that we knew it was family-style when we made our reservation and just to deal with it. Deal with it? Really? Nice. Family style means that we will sit at a table with other people, not that we will be spread throughout the room - one person here, two people there.

One person in our group went around the dining room and counted the empty seats and discovered that there weren't even 6 seats avalable. When we told the manager that even if we wanted to sit seperately, there weren't enough seats, she insisted that they had 62 confirmed reservations and 62 seats - that there WERE seats for us and if we wanted to eat, to just sit down. We'd been at the restaurant for 10-15 minutes by this time, milling around the dining room while we tried to get the manager to find a solution.

It turned out that another guest had brought a couple extra people without reservations, so there truely were not enough seats for our group. The manager never offered any appology or alternate accomodation. We were literally told "tough luck".

It wasn't the reservation mix-up that bothered us - mistake happen, no big deal. What bothered us was the total lack of interest in fixing the situation by the restaurant management. They acted as through it was our fault that there was a problem and that we were being unreasonable in wanting to sit down for a dinner for which we had reservations. I would never return to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
5 Thank november_moon
Santa Rosa, California
“reservations for 6 were refused to be seated, hellish night”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Worse service in Sonoma County, Vineyards Inn, Kenwood CA. Owner Colleen Rose, was the rudest host I ever met. Tonight we had reservations for 6 people, made 4 days prior to the evennt, for a family style preset dinner for $60 a person.

Once we arrived at the restaurant we asked if we could be seated and there were not enough seats. We then waited for the server to see what could be done and the host/owner Colleen Rose told us that there were 62 seats and we would have to sit separately. We mentioned to her that there were not enough seats free. Since we had already asked other patrons if the empty seats next to them were available they said no and we could only find 3 seats empty.

Since we were not willing to sit separately and nobody wanted to sit on any anybodies lap we then had to mention this again to the owner. At that time she walked around and came back to inform us that two extra guest were invited by another group of people who had reservations. Which she was rude to us and offered no solutions. She acted as if we were being a nuisance and refused to offer any solutions, let alone offering a drink or something while we waited for over 20 minutes while the seating problem was being discussed.

A simple apology or a complimentary drink would have prevented 6 people leaving the establishment with such a bad taste in their mouth. You would think that an owner of a business would be flexible and or attempt to accommodate a group of 6 who had confirmed reservations.

We left and went to Cafe Citti down the street and the service was awesome. Needless to say I highly recommend Cafe Citti. However I will never step foot in the other restaurant again and will not recommend it to anyone to ever go to the vineyards inn.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank shermosi
Syracuse, New York
“Wonderful Surprise!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We rented a house near the Vineyards Inn. We sort of went there unplanned but it was a very pleasant suprise. The food is very fresh and authentic. We could not have asked for a better meal while we stayed in Sonoma Valley area. Great service and reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2011