“Friendly and fun”

Add it.
Witch Creek Winery
Ranked #17 of 39 things to do in Julian
Reviewed 31 May 2015

Stopped by to do a quick wine tasting and we were glad we did. The staff is knowledgeable and beyond friendly. We are not huge wine drinkers and they were very nice in walking us through the different wines. There is no pressure to buy but we did buy some, as well as some wine glasses, the design is adorable! If you are in Julian, make sure to stop by here.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

we stopped by after lunch and really enjoyed our time. there are great items and curios to look at while sampling the wines. The wine tasting was almost all red wine, which I don't like, so my friend enjoyed the wines and I got the cider tasting. The cider is quite good and the Cool Cat is good for just drinking and for mimosas - nice, light, and bubbly.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This was my second time visiting Witch Creek's tasting room in Julian. This visit I took my husband, and we tasted several different wines, The tasting room is humorously put together with several 'Wizard of Oz' type items scattered about the walls and ceiling. We have been wine tasting for many years, and seldom do we find an A plus pourer who is so young. Dustin is the son of the owner, and he knows his wines, their origins, the climate and the vinting. We were impressed by his enthusiasm, and the terrific amount of knowledge this young man could impart. We were able to have a lively, informative conversation, and thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent there. The wines are good, well crafted and not pricey. I look forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Whenever I am in Julian, I stop at this Winery. Becky greets you like your an old friend-and if you have EVER been in there before, she remembers you! She sizes you up quickly, checks with what kind of wines you like and then steers you to where you need to be. The wines are not over priced and wonderful!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a tasting room located in central historic Julian. It begins with the whimsical 'the witch is in/out', signs and follows the witch and cat theme through with a terrific array of 'witchy' paraphernalia on the walls and hung from the ceiling- who can miss the broom? The young man pouring was knowledgable and entertaining- my daughter and I learned a lot about the wines and the areas they came from. He was able to answer our questions well and thoroughly. The wines were well crafted, and nicely affordable. I definitely recommend dropping in to this charmingly be'witched' place for some good wine and a well versed wine pourer who made the time extremely enjoyable and well worth the time spent there!