Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Quaint Tasting Room

Reviewed 29 June 2015
Mecumhalfdozen
Murrieta, CA

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Stopped for the wine tasting and 50 % off all items. Was in formed that they were closing by June 10, 2017 or sooner if they run out of wine. Was interesting selection of wines but nothing special. Expensive. Nice lady helped us. Tasting is $10.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Me and the bf went here back in December and keep meaning to go back! We went to a few other wineries in Julian and this by far was the best! Tina and Tammie were so fun and cracking jokes that made the experience that much more fun. They knew the wine and took the time to explain them to us. The other wineries we had flights at seemed drab and unwelcoming.

Tip: It is a small spot so it would be nice if parents took note of this and kept their raging kids outside. Why come to a winery with kiddos anyway?

Reviewed 29 June 2015

This was a cute little place decorated in witch and cat décor. Cute! The wine was really good, and they had a large selection. The "bad witch" was our pourer, and we loved her! She was very funny and personable. We bought a couple bottles and would definitely go again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

Stopped by to do a quick wine tasting and we were glad we did. The staff is knowledgeable and beyond friendly. We are not huge wine drinkers and they were very nice in walking us through the different wines. There is no pressure to buy but we did buy some, as well as some wine glasses, the design is adorable! If you are in Julian, make sure to stop by here.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

we stopped by after lunch and really enjoyed our time. there are great items and curios to look at while sampling the wines. The wine tasting was almost all red wine, which I don't like, so my friend enjoyed the wines and I got the cider tasting. The cider is quite good and the Cool Cat is good for just drinking and for mimosas - nice, light, and bubbly.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This was my second time visiting Witch Creek's tasting room in Julian. This visit I took my husband, and we tasted several different wines, The tasting room is humorously put together with several 'Wizard of Oz' type items scattered about the walls and ceiling. We have been wine tasting for many years, and seldom do we find an A plus pourer who is so young. Dustin is the son of the owner, and he knows his wines, their origins, the climate and the vinting. We were impressed by his enthusiasm, and the terrific amount of knowledge this young man could impart. We were able to have a lively, informative conversation, and thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent there. The wines are good, well crafted and not pricey. I look forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Whenever I am in Julian, I stop at this Winery. Becky greets you like your an old friend-and if you have EVER been in there before, she remembers you! She sizes you up quickly, checks with what kind of wines you like and then steers you to where you need to be. The wines are not over priced and wonderful!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is a tasting room located in central historic Julian. It begins with the whimsical 'the witch is in/out', signs and follows the witch and cat theme through with a terrific array of 'witchy' paraphernalia on the walls and hung from the ceiling- who can miss the broom? The young man pouring was knowledgable and entertaining- my daughter and I learned a lot about the wines and the areas they came from. He was able to answer our questions well and thoroughly. The wines were well crafted, and nicely affordable. I definitely recommend dropping in to this charmingly be'witched' place for some good wine and a well versed wine pourer who made the time extremely enjoyable and well worth the time spent there!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We happened upon the winery while stopping for lunch in Julian. We popped in and found a small tasting area and retail shop. We were warmly greeted by Dustin who after learning of our preference of reds adapted the tasting as such.

Dustin did an admirable job of describing each and much to our surprise we found several that we loved, the cab is outstanding. This is a small operation, I highly recommend buying what you like as you will not find it retailed anywhere. $5 for the tasting, a deal.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

The lady that works there is very rude to people unless you are her drunk friend or a club member. The whole time she spent catering to her very drunk friend plying them with full glasses of wine and I watched them walk in and I watched them leave and they never paid a cent and they were given full glasses of wine to "taste". There was also a couple of questionable age who said they were club members, yet never showed proof and she was plying them with alcohol too. She never asked them for ID, they looked like they were 17.
Meanwhile, all while this is going on, we are left hanging. She told us there was a tasting charge, and then went off to tend to her friends. I think she thought we would walk out. She then proceeded to pour the smallest tastes ever, like a tablespoon. Never explained the wine, was pissed off that we were taking away from her drunk friends.
She got really pissed off when I told her who I was, then she went on the defensive, making it like it was my fault and as if I deceived her. Too bad because I really like Witch Creek, but because I was basically treated like crap. I am no longer going to recommend this wine to any of the restaurants or hotels I work with.

12  Thank CentralCoastWine