Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
So much fun!

Me and the bf went here back in December and keep meaning to go back! We went to a few other... read more

Reviewed 17 February 2016
Jemma1502
San Diego
Quaint Tasting Room

This was a cute little place decorated in witch and cat décor. Cute! The wine was really good... read more

Reviewed 29 June 2015
Mecumhalfdozen
Murrieta, CA

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The lady that works there is very rude to people unless you are her drunk friend or a club member. The whole time she spent catering to her very drunk friend plying them with full glasses of wine and I watched them walk in and I watched them leave and they never paid a cent and they were given full glasses of wine to "taste". There was also a couple of questionable age who said they were club members, yet never showed proof and she was plying them with alcohol too. She never asked them for ID, they looked like they were 17.
Meanwhile, all while this is going on, we are left hanging. She told us there was a tasting charge, and then went off to tend to her friends. I think she thought we would walk out. She then proceeded to pour the smallest tastes ever, like a tablespoon. Never explained the wine, was pissed off that we were taking away from her drunk friends.
She got really pissed off when I told her who I was, then she went on the defensive, making it like it was my fault and as if I deceived her. Too bad because I really like Witch Creek, but because I was basically treated like crap. I am no longer going to recommend this wine to any of the restaurants or hotels I work with.

Date of experience: November 2012
12  Thank CentralCoastWine
Reviewed 22 October 2012

It was only five dollars a person (without glass)-11 dollars with the glass for 5 or 6 tastings (I can't remember). The last one we got to pick which dessert wine we wanted to try. We enjoyed every single one we tried, which isn't always the cast in San Diego county. The quirky owners are friendly and fun to listen to. I loved their wall of pet pictures (mostly cats like on the bottle). They accept any pet picture sent or given to them and post it on the wall. While it's mostly felines, they also have dogs and even a cow (named Sirloin). They offer military discounts on the wine, and you also get a 10% discount if you did the tasting. It was a simple fun experience with surprisingly fantastic wine. We are so glad we stopped by.

Date of experience: October 2012
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I enjoyed the wines here and the staff were fun and welcoming. Decor could stand to be updated a bit.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have to say... My wife and I love this place. It is cozy (small) but it works. There is plenty of bar space for 15-20 people. The Good Witch, Tammy, is a HOOT!! She is a very gracious hostess and makes everyone, whether a first-time visitor or club member, feel welcome.

Oh, and the wine is pretty good too. Compared to many of the other So-Cal wineries, I find the Witch Creek gets a little longer in the barrel before its release.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is the second time we have visited Witch Creek tasting room at Julian. They have a Apple Cider wine that is AWESOME! It is soooo good. We also enjoyed the pomegranite wine (if you like a nice desert wine). It is right next door to the Gold Rush Hotel where we were staying so we bought a bottle and sat out on the front porch that night looking at the stars drinking some of our apple cider wine. Nice night

Date of experience: July 2012