“The place to come for apple pie and other treats”
Review of Julian Pie Company

Julian Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Julian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Bought pie and some other good desserts there; and was very tasty! Just needed to buy more milk, and throw some ice cream on the pie, and it would have been heaven!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

You MUST try these apple pies (there are 5-6 blends). They are truly scrumptious. The crust is to die for and the fillings are too. Give this one a try!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Day trip from SD and craving pie. Head to head against Mom's today. Warm Dutch Apple slice for $3.50 vs $5.25 (plus tax) and Mom's Dutch Apple Caramel. Great pie at JPC, better price, no reason to go to Mom's. Not too tart or sweet. Very fresh. Apple Alley also good from past experiences.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

We stopped at the Julian Pie Company store in Santa Ysabel on our way to William Heise Regional Park to camp. We bought an Apple/Boysenberry Pie (I prefer berry pies) and a couple cookies to enjoy at our campsite. Indeed we did enjoy the pie, especially. It was very well made with a crumb crust and though we did not heat it as the instructions suggested, everyone enjoyed it for dessert for two dinners. The cookies were OK also. Although the pie was quite good, $15.99 seemed an exorbitant price. We wrote it off as a special treat while camping, but probably would shy away as a regular purchase for home.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

So, here’s the deal – If I hadn’t already had a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream just a few hours before at another eatery, I would have loved what I had here. And my having another piece of pie here was a fluke, so I would have not written a review to begin with. So, that being said, here we go –

I had apple pie with French vanilla ice cream down the street with lunch at the Julian Café and Bakery. When I ordered there, I wasn’t in on the decision to have pie later at the Julian Pie Company. I really liked the pie I had at the Julian Café. My wife and the two friends we were with had decided to hold off and get pie at the Julian Pie Company. When we went to the Pie Company and they ordered, all three of them wanted apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. What they were served was 2 slices with cinnamon ice cream and 1 with vanilla. When my friend went to correct the situation, they gave her a slice with cinnamon ice cream and said the slice with vanilla was gratis. Therefore, I had my second slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream on the same afternoon. (Gads, this is a long explanation.)

All that being said, I could now compare, almost literally, apples to apples. While the pie at the Julian Pie company was very good, I liked what I had at the Julian Café better. I thought the apple slices had a better texture (weren’t mushy) and the vanilla ice cream was much better. Had I been in on the entire “where are we going to have pie?” decision making, I would have ended up with pecan pie instead. I know. Heresy in apple pie country.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a really good piece of pie, and we’ll definitely stop by again. The outdoor seating in the back was a really nice, tree-shaded area and very relaxing.

Been to Julian Pie Company? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK