See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Went to a wedding there as a guest, spent hours doing things that the venue should have taken care of. It was filthy, they had their dog running around inside the lodge where the reception/cocktail hour was. Owners are the most unpleasant people to deal with. They did nothing until the day of the wedding. These people want your money and don't want to come through with what they should be doing. They suck!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - nothing good
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank turnbloom
Reviewed 27 December 2016

My daughter's wedding and reception was held at Pine Hills Lodge in October. Everything was great. I know some reviews are not positive, but the day went fine. The food was great, many folks went for seconds. The staff was friendly and helpful. The owners were friendly. It is a rustic setting, and was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank wsmirn
Reviewed 21 August 2016

My family and I traveled to the Pine Hills Lodge several times a year for the yummy bbq and great shows at the dinner theater, rented several cabins, and always enjoyed the Sunday brunch. But what made the lodge truly wonderful was the Goodman family that owned it!
Over the course of two decades we enjoyed the warm and family friendly atmosphere.

Unfortunately, over the past several years when we returned we found the Goodman's had not only sold the lodge but along with it, the hospitality was also gone, long gone!

The new owners were rude, the husband is an angry idiot drunk, the food, cleanliness, service (there was none) and basically everything was terrible!

Restore the charm and bring the Goodman's back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank mosesseppe
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed! Looks nothing like the pictures! I don't mind rustic but it should be clean! They don't even vacuum and most of us look around the corners! They have a very nice fireplace in the room but there was leftover wood and ashes in the fireplace. And no wood for us to burn and no matches nothing at all to light it! So I'm in the bathroom and needed to take a shower… And I look up at the ceiling and there are spiderwebs! And a dead spider leg!yes a leg! left with blood on the window sill and the cold wind blew the drape and there I saw that! We have dinner tonight at 4 PM so I 'll let you know how that is... I'm hopeful it will be good but I was also hopeful about the room going by the pictures they show. Ok...Dinner time.. It absolutely looks NOTHING like their pictures. You have to remember they put on a buffet every weekend! The food did not taste bad but nothing was beautifully placed and for $40 a head I really expected more:(
I also notice the man putting the food out -- was not wearing gloves to keep it sanitary! He used his bare hands-- wiped his nose and then put his full on hands into the salad to toss it!
I am pretty picky so I'm noticing broken streams of lights ,the food just sloppily put out ,table runners gone, table skirts falling apart. I'm was not expecting the four seasons! But for the amount of money we spent for this weekend it just is not up to par. I work very hard for my money and I really do have high expectations on most things so I am writing this in hopes that they read it and bring it back up to par. all I wish Is they grow from this!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Tamara D
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Previous review of "Shabby Cabins," is a compliment.
Gray Squirrel One cabin has a dangerously wobbling ceiling fan deemed inoperable by guests for safety reasons, there is no TV, phone, WIFI, air conditioning or Maid Service.

For $200 per night, Blue Bird Cabin One had NO MAID SERVICE, no TV, no phone, no WIFI, no refrigerator, a tiny token coffeemaker. The bathroom has a claw tub shower with a weird plumbing setup for showering and old worn white towels and washclothes. One entry door to the unit is inoperable. The other entry door reflects daylight so bugs and spiders can enter. Half the windows are unopenabe and inoperable. Half the windows are openable but have dirt and rodent feces in the sills. Window coverings are inoperable. The bed comforter was musty and moldy smelling, the bedding cleanliness was questionable...for $200 per night!!!!!!

We arrived on a Friday. There was no food except a catered wedding rehearsal dinner. Saturday morning, there was no food. Saturday evening there was a wedding. Sunday morning, there was a buffet for $12 per person.
Everything was extra, tea was $1.50 per tea bag at the bar. No coffee ever available, no snack machines, no ice machines.

The worst lodging experience ever. Would never recommend to anyone!

The lodge and pub are quaint and rustic. Hannah is gracious. The owner is unfriendly and unapproachable.

Stayed: October 2015