3 people are viewing this hotel
US$ 587
Hotels.comUS$ 603
PricelineUS$ 603
HurbUS$ 617
All reviews record player timber cove ping pong an ocean view room fire pit sonoma coast mid century forest view vinyl records amazing views beautiful property magical place huge fireplace board games great room world class bottle of champagne
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2021

We enjoyed the restaurant food we had - that was in keeping with the concept of a Resort Hotel. While the chef prepared such good food the delivery was dreadful and unorganized. It seems like perfection of the food is not getting to the delivery part. This Resort needs help in a very big way, over $400 a night rooms that have broken window curtains and shades and service all around that needs help. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I would if the price of the rooms were dropped to $200 or less. The bed also horrible, someone needs to come to this place and restart it - so they can get the idea of Hospitality back on track.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

My wife and I recently stayed at Timber Cove for our wedding anniversary. This is a beautiful escape from the bay area, with plenty of options for hikes and state park visits.

I'd like to commend the staff of Timber Cove who went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. Wes, at the front desk, helped us with any of the needs or changes we wanted to our room or amenities. Ivan at the Coast Restaurant for making our anniversary dinner amazing. And Gabe at the bar for making my hot chocolate delicious!

These three people I had interacted with in person had made personal connections with me and my partner to make us feel more comfortable and welcome, like we were staying at their own home. Simple conversation, and sharing stories and laughing together made our experience that much nicer. I appreciated the effort and kindness of the staff. Thanks for making our anniversary amazing.

Our room was an awesome cove view, and we caught the full moon in the evenings. I might say that because the cove rooms didn't face directly west, we were a bit wind protected, making being out on the balcony and out of the wind really nice. The rooms had a great record player and the lobby and an awesome library of music to choose from. The live music on Wednesday was great, and it was nice to hang out and play some board games.

One thing I was really hoping for were some local options for a Spa or Massage therapist so my wife and I could do a couples massage, but I understand with covid restrictions its hard to book something like that.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

This is an Awesome Resort in a Spectacular setting. The views were incredible. All of the staff were fantastic. For anyone considering this magical place you have to do it. We drove the entire Pacific Coast and stay in some amazing places, but this one was by far the best. The restaurant was very good. For us it was also very important that they were pet friendly. Our little dog loved his stay also.
We highly recommend Timber Cove.

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Perfect place for rest and sanity. The view of the ocean and north coast was astounding. Just happened to have a complete eclipse of the Moon on our second night. The bed was very comfortable. Food, drinks and dinning area with the large fireplace made it even more romantic.

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed here two nights during a road trip down the coast. First of all, this place is stunning
Just breathtaking. The lobby and entrance area is so beautiful and it’s a lovely place to sit by the giant fire and have a cocktail. Just dreamy.
I got a Cove view room which was cozy and lovely, but
Honestly didn’t feel clean, especially the bathroom. Also the TV didn’t work. But the bed is super comfy, the view is amazing and the balcony is so great. Also loved the little fireplace, the record player and the pour over coffee. The downside, and it’s bad, is that these Cove rooms are directly under the public outdoor seating area and when people are walking in the area above you it is VERY loud, like cars driving across your ceiling. This is awful and it ruins an otherwise really peaceful stay.

The hiking trails around the area are wonderful. Make time to walk around the coast. It’s not a difficult hike at all.

Also this resort seems severely under staffed. The restaurant staff is running like crazy to be able to serve guests. Shame really. I felt sorry for them. The food is great at the restaurant.

Overall, I loved this place.

Room tip: Cove view rooms are nice but noisy
Trip type: Travelled solo