All reviews grain silo great park irvine spectrum sand canyon gas station orange county convenient location bean silos freeway granary structure california
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Great pool, laundry, friendly staff. Clean, quiet, relaxing. Close to all eateries, movies, beach, attractions. Good morning - Breakfast mmmm tasty make your own waffles, juice, and more. An overall good buy. I have always loved La Quinta's and this one when flying into John Wayne Airport is a good one.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Thank dr. joe g
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Stayed two nights while in town for work training. This location is definitely different from most La Quintas I have used. I have not researched the history of the one building, but it is certainly quite old. The room had a nice TV, good heat and cooling, comfortable bedding and a good sized bathroom.

Yes, I was unfortunately placed on the top floor, right next to the Amtrak tracks. These were the only rooms available at the time. The trains come by frequently and are quite loud and extremely fast. A couple times, I actually felt the building shake a little. They will offer free ear plugs if you need them.

I can't let the trains influence my opinion of the hotel, though. I have lived near trains in the past, and knew what I was in for. The staff, room, and breakfast were all on par with other La Quintas, in my opinion. The only thing I can think of to change here, would be to offer the train rooms at a significantly reduced rate.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Phillip M
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We have stayed at this La Quinta many times since our oldest daughter and family live in Orange County. We have always been pleased with the staff, the facility, the limited breakfast and the willingness to be able to take our dog, Legend, with us. If you stay in the silo building, I would suggest staying on the side away from the train tracks, otherwise, the train noises might be irritating. Enjoy lunch/dinner at Knolwood restaurant or Denny's restaurant, both located adjacent to this La Quinta. Enjoy this La Quinta Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 29 September 2015

It was not our first time staying in this facility. The last stay (in the other building) was decent but not this time. The room was smelly the toilet is stinky worse than some public rest rooms. The bath tub drainage was clogged and by the time you finish shower the tub was half full. We were just too tired and have no time to deal or report it as we were in a hurry (late) for our appointment. They put us in a bad room and this is the review that they get. This is just an honest review, nothing against LQ as a corporation. Just the quality of the room that we stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I wanted to love this hotel because of it's historical importance and while I did enjoy the old silo and our room in it, I was disappointed with everything else. The rooms were dark and in need of updating, the air condition was off in the common areas, the food was terrible at breakfast, and everything was dirty. Also as a mom traveling with her kids I was a little uncomfortable with the clientele. There was pot being smoked in the parking lot and there were a bunch of guys around the pool all night getting drunk. I definitely didn't want my kids out of the room. Also if you get a room by the tracks be prepared for the noise. The hotel is right on the tracks, so it is hard to avoid. On the positive side the girl at the front desk was very pleasant when we checked it and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family