“Sad That It’s Closing”

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
Ranked #23 of 50 things to do in Irvine
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Overall nice outdoor music venue. For the Jack’s 11th and especially the KROQ Weenie Roast events there was a good selection of food, drink and merch vendors and the space to have them. The sound was decent for some bands and really good for others - I didn’t hear any really low sound quality that I have in some (especially indoor) venues. I highly prefer seeing musical artists/live music in this type of venue over a large sports arena with a lot of awful seats, acoustic/sound issues and an overall stuffy environment. The downsides here are the rude box office staff and parking. It is an utter nightmare to get out of the parking lot at the end of an event. It takes forever, there is zero direction and maybe one employee directing traffic, only at the actual exit. I thought there needed to be security and traffic directors in that parking lot...and I don’t think I was wrong in those thoughts as a fight broke out in the parking lot with no security to break it up and it took 45 minutes to get out of the lot. Considering they add $8.00 to every ticket sold for parking, you would think that they could/would spring for some security. However, it’s pretty sad that this venue is closing to put up yet more...condo’s?! Perhaps a sad sign of the times.....

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Went to see Tesla, Reo Speedwagon and Def Leppard.
Traffic was killer so we missed Teslas set.

The shows themselves were really cool.

The venue is very steep, which makes it stand out from most amphitheatres ive been to. You can be way back and still get great views.

We where in row 11 and had great views and excellent sound.

Variety of food is decent and amount of bars makes sure that you don't have long lines.

Only negative would be the toilets that there should have been more off.

I had a great experience here and think its a shame that they are tearing it down later this year.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The sad thing is, this was Orange County's sole option for mid sized, outdoor concert venues. And it's sub par at best, and this is due to how the venue is managed, not because of bad sound quality or cruddy vantage points. The venue is not crowd friendly, security is lacking, and order is practically non-existent. The parking situation is especially frustrating, and it seems that some staff try their best to remain professional and helpful, but I think they are outnumbered by the younger, blasé inattentive staff. Irvine Meadows, you could have been so much more. I'm in the camp that says good riddance. At least we still have the Greek in LA.

1  Thank latindrummer2112
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Obviously, your experience here will seems on what you're going to see. But generally, the venue is well-kept and the parking is fairly reasonable. It's easy to get to the venue. I've enjoyed the events we have attended here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Prior to going, I read all the reviews and was almost inclined to skip this concert. Please note, I didn't have a ticket so was risking it a bit (though in all my years, I've never went to a concert and not gotten a ticket last minute). The parking reviews scared me a bit. But I resigned myself to just deal with it and was anticipating the worst. What occurred was the 'best'. Maybe all those reviews got thru Management?! It was a breeze getting in and parking (6:45 arrival for an 8:00 concert). So so easy. People were already there parked, drinking, eating in the parking lot, having a good time. I went straight to the Ticket Office Box and luckily while in line, was able to get a ticket (Loge). Scored! Now let's get down to the concert, it was amazing... Dave Matthews Band are just pure joy to watch... it was a magical night. Weather was perfect... typical #SoCal cool night. I absolutely love this venue and will miss it sorely when it's gone. But in the meantime, please go if you're interested in the musical act... It's so so amazing... and it appears they've taken note of prior bad reviews on parking!